Montec CS accuracy problem

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

Re: Montec CS accuracy problem

Post by nchunterkw »

Normous wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:00 pm
Short and stiff off the shelf BE arrows we shoot at reasonable Excalibur hunting distances perform rather consistent it has been shown, thanks mainly to BE's quality control.
Once we lengthen crossbow arrows like the ones I use for my Scorpyd and subject them to much higher speeds and dynamic stresses, indexing improves arrow uniformity, especially at longer target ranges.
100%. The 4" length difference between 20" and 16" makes a big difference in flex...even on a Zombie Slayer so indexing will make a bigger difference. Esp. at target distances. Of course the higher the speed, the more critical everything about that arrow becomes.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

longbow joe wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:54 pm
The cabellas lazerstrike 2 has a simple fast opening o ring system and a nice wide cut.
I know you like the fixed blade but l have shot clean thru about a dozen deer with them in my vixen 2 that is about 260 fps pretty much your speed.
I'm shooting the 125 grain and a zombie with a heavy 110 insert.
The beauty of this setup is that l can verify within 1/2 inch accuracy of my field points time after time.
Never even actually shoot the broadheads for practice anymore they are that close.
Saturday l shot clean though a big doe with a swat A-4 mini also...dead deer in 30 yards.
Some people knock the expandables in lower fps bows that some just rob energy and don't pennitrate good.
Might be true and l have found it true also but lf you pick the correct combo there is no compromise with pennitration.
And the pia fixed blade problems are gone.
I have seven bows lts not timely possible to play around with numbered bolts and all that indexing trouble .
Its just easier to shoot a expandable that shoots great in all of them.
Long bow Joe, Joe fast have you shot the Lazerstrike broadhead s? Any trouble with them opening up?
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

It says on package tested to 400 fps.
No issues for me.you can always add a 3/16 dental band if worried.
My brother uses them out of a 380 stock broadhead no issues
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.