Moved my hunting blind.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Moved my hunting blind.

Post by BrotherRon »

I built an enclosed blind a couple years ago and placed it where my favorite tree stand used to be.
Last year was a little slower and was no sign of any scrapes so we moved it a couple weeks ago.
I hunted Tuesday evening and realized I had a problem when the does started bedding down 35 yards from my blind after they got done eating the corn and soybeans I put out for them. One fawn even bedded down right on a bait pile and kept eating while laying there.
Eventually they all left except for the fawn and I couldn't scare her off at all, even tried barking like a dog and she just looked my direction.
She eventually left after I had gathered my stuff outside and was locking the door. :lol:
I have the permanent blind and two pop up blinds in different parts of that 80 acre patch along with a couple ladder stands and a hanging tree stand. I move around according to the rut and travel of the deer. Hoping for a shot at one of the two 8 pointers or the 9 pointer we have o camera. the only buck on camera during daylight so far is a with no brow tines.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
AJ01

Re: Moved my hunting blind.

Post by AJ01 »

Sounds to me like you're in "Deer Central" there BrotherRon!!! Not a bad place to be!! :thumbup:
I wish you tons of success on your "Buck Adventure".
Multiple stands is the answer. Had a buddy that complained about not seeing any deer on his property. I ask, "how many stands?" He told me he only had 1 stand on 40 acres. And it was a permanent ground blind that had been there when he purchased the property 3 years before!!! :eusa-think:
I convinced him to purchase and hang 3 more ladder stands. He killed a nice 10 point of his property the next season.
You're in their backyard, you gotta go where they feel 'comfortable".
Just my humble opinion!! :lol:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
grouse

Re: Moved my hunting blind.

Post by grouse »

I know that feeling when it's time to go but there are deer out in front of you and you don't want to educate them. Plenty of times, on evening hunts, I've had to wait until it gets pitch black dark before I could leave my stand. It's a good problem though, and you'll probably be rewarded soon.
axiom
350 SE