Texas Youth Deer Season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Texas Youth Deer Season

Post by AJ01 »

Well...it's Halloween. It's also the start of the special Texas Youth Deer season. It runs from daylight today until the sunset of November 1st. :thumbup:

Today I am relegated to the rank of "watcher". I have 2 grandkids that are too old to participate in the "youth" season anymore that live close to me. The others live too far away... so today I get to watch from a distance. :( I have 3 that are old enough to engage. Let's just hope their dad's had the energy to drag them out of bed today!! :lol: :lol:

Ladies and Gentlemen...if you have the opportunity to take a youngster hunting, by all means, please do so. :thumbup: You will not find a more satisfying thing to do with your time. We, as responsible hunters owe it to the next generation to get them out there and get them involved. To pass on the knowledge we have accrued over the years. You will hopefully improve their lives, but it may even improve yours!!! :thumbup: :lol: :mrgreen:

Enjoy the weekend!! Happy Halloween! Y'all be safe out there!!!

From the 903...
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Re: Texas Youth Deer Season

Post by xcaliber »

Git her done! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

It was a sad day when Colton got to be too old for the youth weekend hunts. Miss those days. He has since discovered girls, jobs, and other forms of fun. Some not so Dad approved.😳
Normous

Post by Normous »

Man AJ, you have a GIGANTIC heart.
Your blessed and more me thinks.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Normous wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:59 pm
Man AJ, you have a GIGANTIC heart.
Your blessed and more me thinks.
Norm...you are much too kind my friend... :wave:

I was blessed as a young man. Had family and friends of the family that liked to hunt and fish. Kept me out of trouble by keeping me in the woods!! :lol: My Dad was really "Thankful", since you know what they say about "Preacher's kids"!!! :lol: :lol:

Some of the funniest times I've ever been associated with was having a youngster in the deer blind. Between the knees knocking, teeth chattering and them shaking so badly they couldn't have hit a bull elephant at 10 yards with a 12 gauge, to the look of sheer excitement on their faces once the "deed is done" and the adrenaline dumps takes over is priceless!! :lol: :shock: :lol: :clap:

I'm an old man who realizes more days are "behind" the horse, than those that lay in front of him. We are only given so many trips around the sun. It's up to us to make the most of each journey we take!! :angel:

I hope you and yours are always Blessed!! Take care my friend. Enjoy life to it's fullest!! :thumbup:

From the woods of East Texas!!
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!