Anyone know?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

StoneFence

Anyone know?

Post by StoneFence »

Curious on a couple things...
#1 The Diablo illuminated bolts.... Excalibur website says they are 250gr yet my instruction manual that came with bow says they are 277gr? Which is it? I would think 277 is correct but would like reassurance.

Also on a Matrix G340 what is the correct brace height? Checked the quick reference sheet but don't see that bow listed, and manual doesn't say ir at least I cant find where it does...

Thank you.

Not very happy with the accuracy I was getting with the stock Diablos and 100gr rage broadheads, so ive gone up to the 150gr trypan and gone to the illuminated diablos. Hopefully that helps.
longbow joe

Re: Anyone know?

Post by longbow joe »

The luminock adds weight dont forget it weighs more than a regular Diablo. Without the luminock.
Yes the bolt you are shooting was designed for 150 grains or more up front shooting a lighter broadhead up front with a heavier luminock makes it even more out of wack.
You should see improvement with the 150 head.
I would think your bow has a line with the average brace height. Some of the others with that bow can probably share their measurements.
1/4 off the bumpers is mine.
If you don't have bumpers you kinda need them ...they are good for your bow and shooting pleasure.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
StoneFence

Re: Anyone know?

Post by StoneFence »

longbow joe wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:49 pm
The luminock adds weight dont forget it weighs more than a regular Diablo. Without the luminock.
Yes the bolt you are shooting was designed for 150 grains or more up front shooting a lighter broadhead up front with a heavier luminock makes it even more out of wack.
You should see improvement with the 150 head.
I would think your bow has a line with the average brace height. Some of the others with that bow can probably share their measurements.
1/4 off the bumpers is mine.
If you don't have bumpers you kinda need them ...they are good for your bow and shooting pleasure.
Thanks, Yes I added the REDS to it and set it at 1/4" but just wanted to know for the sake of knowing.