scope calibrated

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LRMNUT

scope calibrated

Post by LRMNUT »

Hi
I have a gizzle2 that came with a scope calibrated from 20 to 40 yard in 5yard increments at what weight arrow would that be calibrated? I'am shooting 250gr arrow with 100gr broadhead total 350gr sighting in at 20 yards dead center if I put the 30 yard crosshair dead center at 30 yards I will hit 12 inch's high shooting both 20 and 30 yards holding my 20 yard crosshair there is only 4 inch's difference, so is the scope calibrated for a heaver arrow?
Thanks
Lee
GRZ2
gerald strine

Re: scope calibrated

Post by gerald strine »

Sight in at 20 then move back to 30 yards and use the speed dial to adjust for correct elevation then check it at 40 and you should have your calibration all set.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
LRMNUT

Post by LRMNUT »

where is the speed dial I don't think my scope has one it is just the basic scope that came with the GRZ2
GRZ2
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Do you have a zoom adjustment? That is the speed adjustment, it lengthens, or shortens the distances between chevrons within the scope.

Zero at 20 yards, stack two targets or put a dot above it on the tree, backstop, whatever. Your arrow drop at 40 yards will be about 36". Set that dot high enough, like 20" over the top of the target. Use the 20, or center line of the scope, aim at that top dot, and shoot at 40 yards. Then, set your scope center on the dot, and adjust your scope so the 40 yard chevron is lined up on that arrow. Your good to go, but now you want to double check at 20, 30, and 40 yards using the correct chevron. You should be dang close!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Lee
Are you sure you have an Excalibur scope ? Their should be a ring with numbers on it close to the end you look through with numbers like 250,300 , 350,400 after hitting bulls at 20 yards move back to 30 yards and use the speed ring to make the correct elevation adjustment , this is setting the correct speed for your set up.
Of course recheck at all yarded but you should be good to hunt.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
CBRon

Post by CBRon »

The Griz 2 has a fixed power scope... Maybe try a 150 grain point..
VIXEN 2 , PHOENIX
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

You need to set the scope at 290-300 fps not grains ....that will get you close.
Put it close to the number 300.
Last edited by longbow joe on Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Put it close to the number 300.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
LRMNUT

Post by LRMNUT »

I do have a excalibur scope fixed power no speed ring I talk to excalibur support and they told me number one the focus ring has nothing to do with the calibration which I also thought they told me to sight in at 30 yards the check 20 and 40 yards so I did dead center at 30 yards dead center at 20 yards at 40 yards it is high but I can use my 35 yard pin at 40 so for now I will leave it alone I hope to get a better scope for next season one with better defined cross hairs I have a hard time seeing these ones even in good light I know being almost 72 has nothing to do with it.I love this bow this is my second season with it took a doe at the end of last season and a buck this season and going back out today. I try to post a pic of the scope but when I do it kicks me off the internet. ?????????
Thanks to all who try to help
GRZ2
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I did not know they had a fixed scope. With that said, try the 150 grain field points, it might line up better, then you'll need 150 grain broadheads though.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!