You gotta love Illinois

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cardinalsfanforever

Re: You gotta love Illinois

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

If it weren't for the grandkids being around the corner we probably wouldn't live here either. I asked a warden about crossing the road with crossbow, he said as long as it's not loaded. I was a little leary about that tho. not cased and all. I explained to him that I sometimes hike to my son's place to hunt and have to cross the road, didn't want to pack a case. I remember a warden when I was a kid ,back when deer were scarce, he drank beer with my father sometimes. He would catch someone spotlighting deer and rabbits, he would put it to them. But I also remember when he caught somebody spotlighting to feed his family, and he looked the other way. He would call them if he had a report of a road kill. Another warden close to where I lived while working at the mine, showed us some pics of a lot of deer carcasses with heads and hind quarters removed, down in the river bottoms. a farmer found them and called him. he finally caught two of the three of them. rack hunters with spotlights. they give hunters a bad name.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

never thought about it that way BUT,
I did notice a big change in my paycheck :shock:

Dave :lol:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm sure this happens in other states including mine. I met Paul's father once, and he seems like a nice guy, but maybe he got nasty, probably never know about that! :eusa-think:
We got nabbed here about 8 years ago. I went bow hunting in a new area one morning, and it got windy! My buddy was hunting another public place about 12 miles away and came by where I was hunting. We decided to scout around a bit, and when we came out of the woods in full camo, but no bows there was a female DNR agent in the lot. The rule here is to sign in, and fill out a card to remain with you until you are done hunting, I had mine, my buddy didn't have one for that property. She warned him for potential poaching because he was not on the sign in sheet which he admitted. She let us go, but we never made that mistake again!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

That has to be the stupidest law I have ever heard of!!

Definitely trying to discourage crossbow hunting. Does the law apply to vertical bows?

This kind of chicken crap is why my daughter and her husband just left Illinois for Alabama.

I wonder how many gang bangers in South Chicago have their handguns in cases!!

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Sounds like my turkey blind violation a few years back.
Some of them are real power hungry jerks.
Go to court l won mine didn't even have a lawyer
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

yes, the laws in Illinois are particular, but I try to teach my grandsons how to obey the laws. the laws make hunting more challenging for the hunter, so they have to work for it a little more. earning your prizes are much better than having them handed over to you. They appreciate them a lot more. But, yes the laws are pretty particular. I had a warden check me a couple years ago, turkey hunting, when I got back to truck, hands were freezing, he had to help me with shotgun to prove its had the plug in it. I explained it was my first day of retirement, and trying to fill my tag, but froze out. He laughed and said to enjoy my retirement, after he checked my tag. :clap: :clap: But I had my sons tag, guess he just looked at last name. I didn't know at the time it was illegal to carry someone else's tag! :eusa-dance:
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

..... wish they would get their act together in dealing with criminals the way they do with law abiding hunters.... oh wait, am I making a stretch in saying that criminals vote one way and hunters vote the other way?.... hmmmmm?
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... and I thought The People’s Republic of New Jersey was bad?
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings