Vixen with Matrix Limbs possible?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tomcat

Re: Vixen with Matrix Limbs possible?

Post by tomcat »

Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:11 am
hhhmmmm! I'll pass. everything I got shoots just fine.
Good for you...I personally think thumbhole stocks require too much movement to turn safety off/on but "sexy sells" just like speed. If the company only offers what sells (aka sexy/fast)..then I guess guys like me have to resort to customize/modding stuff to make it like we want. In fact I might be somewhat so bold to say that numerous...numerous design ideas have come from those of us on this site(and other communication such as phone/physical meetings) have contributed to almost all of the refinements to the Excals over the years so that guys like you can find it perfect the way it is right out of the box...
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
2019 Bulldog 440

Post by 2019 Bulldog 440 »

Why would you want to go through all that trouble? Why not just buy a Matrix crossbow and call it a day? I have the Matrix Bulldog 440 and the MAG 340 in Kryptec Raid Camo and I was able to swap the limbs for fun but I don’t have a Vixen to try that on. Vixens are so old it wouldn’t be worth my time to have a hybrid. I would rather have the GRZ2 type bow where the stock is a Micro and the Limbs are Matrix limbs. I would much rather stay with what works rather than possibly destroying a great crossbow. You would need to drill perfect holes and make sure your measurements are perfect or else you have no way back. I am not that brave. Lol.
Own:
2019 Bulldog 440 MOBUC
2020 MAG 340 Kryptec Raid
Wish:
to have the rest of the newer 2020 Excalibur crossbow’s with QLT. :eusa-violin:
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

I just ended up trading for a Matrix 380 and putting a Vixen2 stock on it. Shoots 360fps with 442gr arrow and drills bulls out to 50 yds. Has the stock I like now with more speed. All without ruining a Vixen rail. This bow is short light and and above all balanced to make the perfect compromise between shootability and size. For me the Micro's trade a bit too much of that balance and shootability for compactness. I'm really happy with this combo.
Thanks for everyone's advice..
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1