Cracked limb on Axe update

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

Re: Cracked limb on Axe update

Post by Normous »

:thumbup:
^^ StoneFence I applaud your preparedness list.
It doesn't sound like your the kind of guy who's chin quivers and likes to complain at the same time.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

StoneFence wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:08 pm
Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:32 am
Hi All,

Sorry for not being on here much lately but this time of year is always crazy busy for us. I just wanted to address some of the speculation here regarding limb issues and delays in getting limbs. 2020 has been like no other year and we have been facing various challenges. For the first time ever we ran out of limbs but it was not because we had massive limb issues it was because of a much greater demand than expected for crossbows this year, and some of our suppliers could not keep up with our demand. Plus, more people than ever pulled their old Excalibur's out of the closet to go hunting this year so we saw a greater demand for parts to keep these old bows going.

None of this is meant to be an excuse just the reality we face like many other businesses during these challenging times. We more than anybody know what it means for our customers to keep hunting We bend over backwards trying to help people out in the field as much as we can, but this year was different due to COVID-19. It turns out making crossbows during a pandemic is not an easy task.

Regarding limb failures, every model we have made since Excalibur Crossbow started in 1983 has had some limb failures however, the failure rate has remained significantly lower than industry averages, based on information available to us. The reality is 38 years of crossbow sales means there are a lot of Excalibur's out there. If everybody who has a limb failure jumps on social media to complain it will certainly look like the sky is falling, but I can assure you its not.

We spend a lot of time on limb production and development and continue to improve processes and design, we are actually one of the only bow companies that produce our own limbs in house.

We can't promise that we will never have another crossbow limb fail however, we can promise we will do our very best to look after getting your crossbow repaired and honor our warranty.

If anybody has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.

Peter
Excalibur Crossbow
With the amount of money I have tied up in my new bow, I figured $100 for a new spare set of limbs was a drop in the bucket especially if faced with having to sit out the season. I ordered a spare set today directly from Excalibur and if my originals ever fail then Ill worry about having them covered under warranty.... Till then im off to the woods for another day.
Well there’s some logical thinking from someone that isn’t suffer from entitlement issues! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

A day of missed hunting on one of the days that I know I have a chance to score is worth more to me than 100 some odd smackers any day! You can swap limbs and take a couple shots, and you're ready to go, won't take a long time, and don't have to a degree in anything to get them swapped out.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!