Post by TCX »

Looks good! :thumbup:

Are you going to name this one " The Hammer"? :wink: :D
Matrix 310- XX75 18" 2215
Ibex SMF- XX75 20" 2216
longbow joe

Re: Got me a Vortex Coming

Post by longbow joe »

I was a little surprised 😮 by the long cocking stroke but its not bad just longer .
Its about the limit of my 5'6" reach but getting used to it now. No worries.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

This has been a fun thread for me to follow, since it all started back in July/August one day when a deal popped up on Craigslist and we decided to take the kids for a drive. I got it not knowing for sure what I'd do with it, ended up selling it to the guy that then sold it to xcaliber not long after. Cool to see the new life you breathed back into it. Looks like it found a new long lasting home.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

wheelsquad wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:10 am
This has been a fun thread for me to follow, since it all started back in July/August one day when a deal popped up on Craigslist and we decided to take the kids for a drive. I got it not knowing for sure what I'd do with it, ended up selling it to the guy that then sold it to xcaliber not long after. Cool to see the new life you breathed back into it. Looks like it found a new long lasting home.
I have that cheek piece coming soon, and Paul gave me the hole to hole dimension, and it's spot on! :thumbup: I think that will be the last thing I do with her until I get to do some serious shooting. The Kid dropped by last night to grab the deer cart, he's taking a work buddy out with the muzzle loaders. He saw the Vortex in the case Bill sent me, and being the smart arse hunting buddy I love, he asked me if I had a Piano in the case. :lol: :lol:
Kids! :eusa-naughty:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:23 pm
Shoots great, just like any other Excalibur I ever shot. I'm a bit high at 20 yards, and good at 30 yards off hand with both. Done with her for now folks, I forgot how long the draw was, I shortened the cocking rope a lot! The Big Foot didn't make it easier. :lol: :lol:

[url=https://postimg.cc/94YZXMRv]Image

[url=https://postimg.cc/GT84Dht3]Image
Dan, just put together an Exomax. Thats the bow that I started with in 2009. I had forgotten as well how long cocking stroke was. Know what you mean about shortening the cocking rope. At 5'8" that is a stretch!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, and the Bigfoot adds another 2" to that! I'm 5'8" tall, and I'm about out of arm when I reach the trigger latches.
2019 Bulldog 440

Post by 2019 Bulldog 440 »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:16 pm
Finally found one that I think is worth the price, and jumped on it thanks to a tip here that someone had one for sale on another forum. So far it's worked out great! More to come folks, might just become top dog for next year ! 8)

:eusa-dance: :eusa-dance:

[url=https://postimg.cc/N5PG25gt]Image
I’m new to Excalibur’s. Started collecting and hunting with them since 2019 and I have the Bulldog 440 and the MAG 340. I thought the Bulldog had large limbs but this bow just kills the Bulldog but the thing is the BD shoots 440FPS and looks like a bada$$. I just recently purchased the MAG 340 Kryptec Raid because I was having trouble hunting in a small blind last year with the BD440. The MAG340 is a perfect size. I haven’t shot it yet. I’m waiting on some backup limbs and the explorer case for the crossbow before I take it out. It is one mean looking bow. 😂 can’t wait to shoot it!
Own:
2019 Bulldog 440 MOBUC
2020 MAG 340 Kryptec Raid
Wish:
to have the rest of the newer 2020 Excalibur crossbow’s with QLT. :eusa-violin:
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

The Vortex looks good Dan! I regret ever selling my Vortex! I just needed a smaller imprint for hunting out of my box and ground blinds. 👍
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:00 pm
What camo is it Dan? I have 3 sets of Exo limbs and one is Real Tree and I only have an Eclipse in the the 200 lb Exo series bows. If they are the same camo, I’ll send them off to you.
Got the limbs yesterday, and there is no doubt that they are brand new. Thanks Boo!