Need some help Please

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Need some help Please

Post by xcaliber »

I bought a Vortex and currently waiting for it to arrive. I’m working outside today while my jerky is cooking which also gives me a chance to get some arrows cut. I’m thinking 19” is perfect for it, but need some assurance! If you have a Vortex can you please let me know if that’s a good length without heads?
Thanks,
Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
nchunterkw

Re: Need some help Please

Post by nchunterkw »

Dan,
I always ran 20" arrows and large fixed heads. Even with a Magnus Stinger on there it did not protrude beyond the stirrup. To me longer is better than shorter as it will give you more control from the fletches. The further away they are from the center of the arrow, the more force they exert. FWIW.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:56 am
Dan,
I always ran 20" arrows and large fixed heads. Even with a Magnus Stinger on there it did not protrude beyond the stirrup. To me longer is better than shorter as it will give you more control from the fletches. The further away they are from the center of the arrow, the more force they exert. FWIW.
Sounds great, thanks Keith. I hang my bow by the stirrup when in the stand, and hate the hook hitting the head! :eusa-naughty: :eusa-naughty:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

I would stick with 20" as said and add that the benefits of shooting standard length arrows make replacing singles easier when lost/broken...
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1