Best Stock Excal Ever?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Species8472

Best Stock Excal Ever?

Post by Species8472 »

So hunting season has slowed a little and as all my tags are filled so like the title says - what do think the best stock Excal ever made was?

Factors to consider (at least in my mind)

- Accuracy
- Ease of Use (cocking effort, stock design, and width come to mind)
- Reliability
- Value

I more or less weigh those factors equally - you may be different. Notice i did not include speed or power as in my mind virtually all Excals are sufficient in those regards for most types of hunting.

In my mind my old Exomax is hard to beat. But i could be convinced to go 380 or micro too. For whatever reason the new TD craze does not appeal to me.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
onebigskittle

Re: Best Stock Excal Ever?

Post by onebigskittle »

Older model I would say exocet 175
New model I would say Axe/Mag 340
With that said I have never had a bad excalibur.
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

I love my Axe crossbows. I have a couple longlimbers now too but the Axe shoulders so nice. I carried it quite a ways through the woods this spring during turkey season and this fall when I took the family grouse hunting. Its accurate, carries well on long hikes, and I got it for a great price at Wyverns when they changed the name to the Mag. Seems reliable enough. My first Axe had a limb sliver and that convinced me to have backup limbs on hand just in case.
Honestly though for how I hunt any Excalibur would suit me fine.
. Our season is over here. Time to go back to working on projects and planning for spring turkey season. I had a good season. Didn't kill a deer but took Mrs. Hatchet out and she killed her first deer. She used my backup Axe and let me tell ya, she is now hooked on crossbow hunting. I consider that a success.
Take care guys,
Hatchet
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Vortex or Matrix 380. I like the thumb hole stocks, and the Matrix 380 just handles great for off hand shots, same as the Vortex, just feels balanced better for me. The Axe is great, and nimble, plenty of juice too. I try to rotate them in, and when I finish the Vortex I'm working on, I think it will be my go to bow!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Bulldog330.

Compact, balanced, fast enough, easy cocking effort, economical, good looking MOBU full camo. Makes a great Micro too.

Ticks all of the boxes
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Y25. More than fast enough, accurate and low noise, I still have one thats never been shot which is signed by Bill, Kathy and Peter. I can't bring myself to shoot it.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Vixen 2
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Micro 335 nightmare!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:47 pm
Y25. More than fast enough, accurate and low noise, I still have one thats never been shot which is signed by Bill, Kathy and Peter. I can't bring myself to shoot it.
I’m sure there are several folks here that would be willing to shoot her for you! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I really like my 360 td pro
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

If I were restricted to only one Excal and had to leave it mostly stock it'd probably be one of the BD355/360's I see still available, but I'd be happy with a BD330 or BD380 also.

But thankfully we're not restricted to just one. I like that my 327 Short is more compact than a BD, for most situations and has ample power, and I'm looking forward to shooting the BD417 I have coming for other reasons, mostly summer range time. Got both ends of the spectrum covered with those 2.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:06 am
Boo wrote:
I’m sure there are several folks here that would be willing to shoot her for you! :lol: :lol:
Yeah, get that thang out at Boofest. 😂😂😂
TCX

Post by TCX »

I can't add much here being I have only owned three Excal crossbows.
I really like my Matrix 310 and it's all I need in a crossbow and this would be my pick.
Now that being said this Ibex of mine is a fun crossbow to shoot. :D
Both have been accurate & reliable and I can't ask for more. :thumbup:

I have not shot or even held a Vortex but it seems to get good reviews from the people that own one.
Matrix 310- XX75 18" 2215
Ibex SMF- XX75 20" 2216
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:06 am
Boo wrote:
Since he can't bring himself to shoot it, perhaps he'll bring himself to sell it. It should fetch a "nickle" or two, maybe even a couple of wooden ones. 🤔
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

It's hard to argue that the old Exomax was a winner. To take it a step further, mine is still basically stock and shooting stock Firebolts out of it other than refletching them with helical Blazers.

I really love my Micro 340TD, but if I only had to pick one it would probably have to be the Matrix 350. Its full camo, not too wide, crazy accurate, lightweight, plenty fast and all it has ever done for me is kill 8pt bucks.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol: