Kevlar serving?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

Re: Kevlar serving?

Post by W.Miguire »

I stand corrected . Just talked to Eric at South shore Archery and he said 20 to 22# for tension on the serving tool, 200# does seem like a lot :crazy: , sorry for the wrong info. I just know it has been working for me.
W.M.
Wyoming1

Post by Wyoming1 »

I guess I will order some then,I know my serving jig can handle 20 lbs.I like am but I got so much down pressure on my rail that it just wears flat spots on the serving
Which is ok until I have to adjust for string strech.Then it turns into a spiraled flat spot,the rail is pretty smooth,lots of shots on it.Its a gen1 335 with a xbow3 riser on it.I would think kevlar serving would hold up better ,especially if it is heat resistant.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Lightly wax that serving every 10 to 15 ahots.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I found it does not melt like AM when you finish it so I just put a drop of fletching glue on it , that seems to work for me.
W.M.
Wyoming1

Post by Wyoming1 »

Will do the drop of glue on tag end.Does the kevlar serving get flat spots like am.Im wishing someone would invent a shrink like tube,that you could slide on bowstring heat up or something and its done.Instant serving no more wrapping serving string,and it would out last the bow string.The serving is the weak spot on high poundage crossbows.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Wyoming1 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:38 pm
Will do the drop of glue on tag end.Does the kevlar serving get flat spots like am.Im wishing someone would invent a shrink like tube,that you could slide on bowstring heat up or something and its done.Instant serving no more wrapping serving string,and it would out last the bow string.The serving is the weak spot on high poundage crossbows.
You could always give the top of the rail a little polish to smooth it out a bit
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Wyoming1

Post by Wyoming1 »

It seems real smooth,I polished it with metal polish years ago,it needed it then.It really seems smooth,it helps to slicken it up with teflon spray.I would like to shim between the riser and rail,but that would bring on a lot more work.I am wondering if this new kevlar serving will wear down the anadiz finish.I think to much I know.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I like to spray some silicone on a fiber cloth and rub down the rail every 30 or so shots and with the waxing of the string you should be fine . auto store should carry spray silicone , just don't spray the rail or it will get all over your scope . I don't see any wear on my rails at all.
W.M.