Micro 335 Limb Replacement

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Richman

Micro 335 Limb Replacement

Post by Richman »

Hey All,

Had a limb break in November. Got a set of replacements and now I need to install them. Any tips or tricks ? Torque specs for bolts or just crank em down?
Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance for any help

Rich
xcaliber

Re: Micro 335 Limb Replacement

Post by xcaliber »

I have done it a few times, and I'm sure there are specs. for the bolt size with torque values. That said, it took a lot to break them free, and I gave it back to them when reinstalling. No need to go crazy, I used a 3/8" ratchet setup about 7" long, and put probably 120 raw pounds to them. Don't use a cheater, that should do it. Make sure to put any shims back where they came from! Remember, some bolts you are removing may have been lock tited, I recommend cleaning all holes, and fasteners, and a drop or two of Blue Locktite will do a great job keeping them set! Tighten the straps evenly too. Try to bring them home without tilting them.

Make it a learning experience, you sound like me, a LIFER! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Richman wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:09 pm
Hey All,

Had a limb break in November. Got a set of replacements and now I need to install them. Any tips or tricks ? Torque specs for bolts or just crank em down?
Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance for any help

Rich
Crank em down. Use a good Allen wrench. No Ikea leftover tools
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

^^ A good set German Allen set made by WIHA has been my go set to for the last many years. They make a notable difference over cheap Allan sets commonly found at cheap prices.

Beware of the High Cost Buying Cheap.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I had to file the pockets to fit the new limbs. The new limbs were a few mm wider. I took a file and filed off all around the limb pockets till the limbs fit in without making a mark on the paint of the limbs. Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Richman

Post by Richman »

Thanks for all of the responses.....especially the Ikea comment. I had two of their fine wrenches on my workbench from putting up the grandkids bunkbeds last month. :thumbup:

I did notice the hardware to install the new limbs is a different design than what was originally on the bow. Looks like the new design would keep a person from over tightening the straps on the limbs.

Also forgot to mention I was fortunate enough to have taken a buck the day before the limb broke.

Thanks again Excalibur and all on this board

Rich
janesy

Post by janesy »

Richman wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:13 pm
Thanks for all of the responses.....especially the Ikea comment. I had two of their fine wrenches on my workbench from putting up the grandkids bunkbeds last month. :thumbup:

I did notice the hardware to install the new limbs is a different design than what was originally on the bow. Looks like the new design would keep a person from over tightening the straps on the limbs.

Also forgot to mention I was fortunate enough to have taken a buck the day before the limb broke.

Thanks again Excalibur and all on this board

Rich
Nice to hear you got the buck first! Lately it seems everyone has missed the buck of a lifetime BECAUSE the limb broke :lol: . Congrats :thumbup:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme