Is this a limb issue to you

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

okie143
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Is this a limb issue to you

Post by okie143 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:28 pm

I just had the limbs replaced by excalibur due to previous limbs splitting. Now one of the replacement limbs shows either a defect or a crack that wasn't there when the new limbs were installed.

What do you think?
[https://app.photobucket.com/u/okie143/p/b8ed8f0d-d725-43dc-9086-9f9cbfebda00?mode=zoom][https://app.photobucket.com/u/okie143/p/6eef5c8a-c3ff-420c-9fd6-296399d01811?mode=zoom]

Tried to add photos but message Board quota has been reached.

Now you can follow the link to the pictures.
Excalibur Axiom 305 SMF with ADF
2017 Excalibur Matrix 380 Tact-Zone Lite-Stuff Crossbow Package
Diablo Excalibur bolts with Excalibur Boltcutter and Trailblazer Broadheads
Lumenok Lighted Nocks
Retired/100% Disabled Veteran

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3722
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Is this a limb issue to you

Post by janesy » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:51 pm

Links just try to sell me photobucket.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
Deaf jeff
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:58 am
Location: tip of the mitt in lower michigan

Re: Is this a limb issue to you

Post by Deaf jeff » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:31 pm

janesy wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:51 pm
Links just try to sell me photobucket.
chris,
the bottom link works for me and im gonna say it looks like a crack
IN GOD WE TRUST

Jeff
matrix 355 w/ y25 stock
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/80gr brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3722
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Is this a limb issue to you

Post by janesy » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:00 pm

I tried without the "[" and "]" and they worked.

Looks to me like a issue with the mould, as the black finish is over the line, unless there are more pics to show the fibers exposed. I have been shooting limb 10 times worse than that on my axe for a year and it's been fine. But that's a typically high stress area in the pic.

Regardless, I'd be popping that limb off for a better inspection

Image
Image
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

cricman
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Re: Is this a limb issue to you

Post by cricman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:50 pm

It looks just like the lines on my both of the limbs of my Cub. Mine are about 1/3 of the distance from the riser bolt. It's my trigger control practice/have fun crossbow with several hundred shots on it. I keep an eye on them, but keep shooting the bajeezus out of it! They don't look good from a QC perspective, but I think your good to go.

cricman

User avatar
Doe Master
Site Admin
Posts: 4618
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:57 am
Location: Baden , Ontario

Re: Is this a limb issue to you

Post by Doe Master » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:00 am

It is not a cracked limb . You are good to go . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus

User avatar
otisbrazwell
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:55 pm
Location: rhode island
Contact:

Re: Is this a limb issue to you

Post by otisbrazwell » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:35 am

that pretty poor limb quality i would send them back for new ones or at last buy extras..problem now
is shipping over load..(get camo limbs)

User avatar
Deaf jeff
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:58 am
Location: tip of the mitt in lower michigan

Re: Is this a limb issue to you

Post by Deaf jeff » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:43 am

janesy wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:00 pm
I tried without the "[" and "]" and they worked.

Looks to me like a issue with the mould, as the black finish is over the line, unless there are more pics to show the fibers exposed. I have been shooting limb 10 times worse than that on my axe for a year and it's been fine. But that's a typically high stress area in the pic.

Regardless, I'd be popping that limb off for a better inspection

Image
Image
chris,
that lower picture sure shows what i did not see, i take back my original opinion
IN GOD WE TRUST

Jeff
matrix 355 w/ y25 stock
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/80gr brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3722
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Is this a limb issue to you

Post by janesy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:05 am

Doe Master wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:00 am
It is not a cracked limb . You are good to go . :)
I agree, shoot away. I've been using this limb for 1.5 years and at least a week's worth of hours cocked in all weather with no change.
Image
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

xcaliber
Posts: 11430
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Re: Is this a limb issue to you

Post by xcaliber » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:29 am

Your farm your chicken, but I would get that replaced. These crossbows are not cheap, JMHO!
Matrix 380 (Max) Nikon P3 / TT / SWAT A-4 Mini Heads
Axe 340 Kryptek (Axe) Nikon P3 / SWAT A-4 Mini Heads
Vortex (Kix) Nikon P3 / TT / Bigfoot / SWAT Hybrid Heads

User avatar
onebigskittle
Posts: 1946
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:08 am
Location: Keysville Virginia

Re: Is this a limb issue to you

Post by onebigskittle » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:25 pm

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:29 am
Your farm your chicken, but I would get that replaced. These crossbows are not cheap, JMHO!
I agree

User avatar
bigbowman
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:04 am
Location: Ripon, WI

Re: Is this a limb issue to you

Post by bigbowman » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:30 pm

Ditto

User avatar
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin
Posts: 679
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:25 pm

Re: Is this a limb issue to you

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Those are actually just molding marks which is part of the molding process, they would have been there from the start. They don't look great but 100% OK to hunt with, its not a crack. When the season is over let us know and we can replace them but I would hunt with that one all day long. The black limbs shows them the most, camo will hide the marks a bit. We use a compression mold process which can cause marks that look like cracks but aren't.

Peter

xcaliber
Posts: 11430
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Re: Is this a limb issue to you

Post by xcaliber » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:53 pm

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:18 pm
Those are actually just molding marks which is part of the molding process, they would have been there from the start. They don't look great but 100% OK to hunt with, its not a crack. When the season is over let us know and we can replace them but I would hunt with that one all day long. The black limbs shows them the most, camo will hide the marks a bit. We use a compression mold process which can cause marks that look like cracks but aren't.

Peter
I tend to be a little OCD when I see an issue, or potential issue. I could not sit in a stand looking at that. :think:
Matrix 380 (Max) Nikon P3 / TT / SWAT A-4 Mini Heads
Axe 340 Kryptek (Axe) Nikon P3 / SWAT A-4 Mini Heads
Vortex (Kix) Nikon P3 / TT / Bigfoot / SWAT Hybrid Heads

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3722
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Is this a limb issue to you

Post by janesy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:56 pm

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:53 pm
Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:18 pm
Those are actually just molding marks which is part of the molding process, they would have been there from the start. They don't look great but 100% OK to hunt with, its not a crack. When the season is over let us know and we can replace them but I would hunt with that one all day long. The black limbs shows them the most, camo will hide the marks a bit. We use a compression mold process which can cause marks that look like cracks but aren't.

Peter
I tend to be a little OCD when I see an issue, or potential issue. I could not sit in a stand looking at that. :think:
Swap limbs left to right :thumbup:
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

Post Reply