Fazan

Re: Stirrup dip

Post by Fazan »

Hockey tape works for me.
It might be tough to find one in southern states though 😀
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I use the Limbsaver Insulator strips( 3.4"x.49"). One on bottom surface that meets the ground, one on each side of stirrup to further cut down on vibration. ( that means you need two kits since they come in a pair) The other strip I cut to length desired, stick it on arrow hold down spring, then cover spring and insulator strip with shrink wrap and heat it up.. This helps keep scars from front of stirrup and helps to calm vibrations a bit as well.
Have done this on several bows and it is what I like best. I had one sprayed at truck place, sprayed a couple myself with bed liner in can, and I like this better than any of those. Simple and takes 5 minutes at home. Win, Win! ( exclamation pointy!)
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I honestly think the quietest l ever had it was using good gorilla tape in camo wrapped very thick it looked kinda ghetto but the dense tape definitely got the "ringing " out of the bow better than my Paracord I'm just fussy about the look l guess
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Normous

Post by Normous »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:27 am
I use the Limbsaver Insulator strips( 3.4"x.49"). One on bottom surface that meets the ground, one on each side of stirrup to further cut down on vibration. ( that means you need two kits since they come in a pair) The other strip I cut to length desired, stick it on arrow hold down spring, then cover spring and insulator strip with shrink wrap and heat it up.. This helps keep scars from front of stirrup and helps to calm vibrations a bit as well.
Have done this on several bows and it is what I like best. I had one sprayed at truck place, sprayed a couple myself with bed liner in can, and I like this better than any of those. Simple and takes 5 minutes at home. Win, Win! ( exclamation pointy!)
I like adding those LS strips in the right places myself. :thumbup:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Can someone kindly post a picture of the limbsaver strips in use not familiar with them?
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Went with the paracord myself. Thought about the dip but went with the idea of having emergency paracord around if needed.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

longbow joe wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:45 pm
Can someone kindly post a picture of the limbsaver strips in use not familiar with them?
Joe, message me a phone no. and I will text you some pics
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

XbowMisiu wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:39 pm
Why don't you take a roll of electrical tape and run it few times back and forth... Few layers are on my bow for years. Easy.
exactly what I done works great and inexpensive
Richman

Post by Richman »

I dipped/brushed Plasti-Dip on and then covered with camo paracord. Has been very durable and noticeably quieter.

Rich
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

2 wraps of black the plumbers self sealing silicone tape. fuses together helps a little with noise and vibration and non fabric bases so it wont hold smells or get embedded with deer poop from my boot lol...