Tooth of arrow broadhead threads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Wyoming1

Tooth of arrow broadhead threads

Post by Wyoming1 »

Do the threads on these broadheads all have the same starting position,or alignment the same if you switch them out on a arrow?
xcaliber

Re: Tooth of arrow broadhead threads

Post by xcaliber »

I’m not sure if you’re asking if it changes from one arrow to another. That would be more than probable, the other way I think I’m reading this is that do the threads always start at the same orientation, that would be yes unless it is threaded with multiple starts, that is not a cheap option so nope.
:eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Wyoming1

Post by Wyoming1 »

Ya technical difficulties on this one,just would be nice if changing heads on same arrow and end up with same blade orientation. I know some of the injection molded ones ain't the same.Different molds I presume.But these being done on cnc you would think they would be clones.I know lots of people say broadheads don't have to be oriented the same on each arrow ,well if tiller isn't perfect I think it matters.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Try going to manufacture website,
maybe they can answer your question. :)

Dave :thumbup:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Wyoming1 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:50 am
Ya technical difficulties on this one,just would be nice if changing heads on same arrow and end up with same blade orientation. I know some of the injection molded ones ain't the same.Different molds I presume.But these being done on cnc you would think they would be clones.I know lots of people say broadheads don't have to be oriented the same on each arrow ,well if tiller isn't perfect I think it matters.
You would think the CNC program would make them the same, but the other half of the question is are the inserts the same? I would think you would need to make sure the inserts are in the arrows exactly the same way. Put a BH in an insert, then install it in the arrow with the orientation you want. Should be good to go. I have been looking at different BHs recently and came across those. I like the idea, but sharpening seems to be a pain and would require more special stuff to sharpen them. JMO
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Honestly unless you are using a huge fixed head, and even then I doubt alignment would net that much difference. Keith makes a good point for building your own arrows in that you could index your inserts at installation with a head installed. The issue with that would be the start on the Ferrel of all your broadheads.
A wise man once said here, just choot it!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I shoot a Griztrick 2 that is a 1 1/4 " and a Magnus Ser Razor that is also 1 1/4 " both are fixed blade and no matter wish way they are installed they all fly the same for me . I have also tryed them on a spinning insert and made no difference. JMO
W.M.
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

In different inserts I have dropped a BB in there or even a wadded up piece of paper, used one wrap of teflon tape and even chapstick on the threads to get the same orientation I wanted. A little washer or O ring can do it too.