Cracked Excalibur Limbs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

2019 Bulldog 440

Cracked Excalibur Limbs

Post by 2019 Bulldog 440 »

Hey guys! I have the 2019 Bulldog 440 in MOBUC and a 2020 MAG 340. I had to call Excalibur for new limbs on my Bulldog 440 because it started to delaminate after practice shooting about 20 bolts. Since I got the new limbs I have not had any issues and the only difference is that I’m using airbrakes and SDS kits. My 2 crossbow’s are both setup the same way and I’m a little reluctant to shoot the MAG 340 that I just purchased because I don’t want to get a splinter in my limbs and then have to wait until Peter can send me new limbs. I have requested a replacement for the Bulldog but then I also purchased another set. I want to have another set of MAG340 limbs before I shoot it because I know it’s going to annoy me with a messed up limb and because I would most likely have to take the limbs off so the limbs don’t snap while they still have a string tight on it. My question is, has anyone else experienced the same limb issues with their MAG 340 or Bulldog 440? Please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Own:
2019 Bulldog 440 MOBUC
2020 MAG 340 Kryptec Raid
Wish:
to have the rest of the newer 2020 Excalibur crossbow’s with QLT. :eusa-violin:
janesy

Re: Cracked Excalibur Limbs

Post by janesy »

Shoot the Mag, it will be fine.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Brad Cayton

Post by Brad Cayton »

I bought a Micro Mag 340 last month as my first cross bow. After reading about some having issues with the 340, I ordered a spare set of limbs just in case. I've been shooting mine every chance I get and the spares are still in the box after well over 100 arrows.
CBRon

Post by CBRon »

In the other thread you posted you are shooting 350 grain arrows... You need to shoot a much heavier arrow and you should be fine.
VIXEN 2 , PHOENIX