Excerpt from Wild Goose Jack - Hunter/Conservationist

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

Excerpt from Wild Goose Jack - Hunter/Conservationist

Post by Normous »

I thank all the members here I have had a chance to meet and go hunting with. I am grateful.

Norm wishes to share an excerpt from Wild Goose Jack , a book written about a hunter and conservationist.

" I tell you, everybody, I know by experience that men can go "Hunting" together and live in bunches , have a good, clean, cheerful outing, and come home the better men for it, with greater love toward their fellow men, families and community.

By taking such a month, away, far from the grind of life, it gives body, heart and nerves a rest and allows the SOUL to develop."

Jack Miner, Kingsville, Ontario, Canada - 1865-1944
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
grouse

Re: Excerpt from Wild Goose Jack - Hunter/Conservationist

Post by grouse »

Good thoughts! Merry Christmas!
axiom
350 SE
AJ01

Re: Excerpt from Wild Goose Jack - Hunter/Conservationist

Post by AJ01 »

Hunting to me refreshes the soul. It allows us to take a step back, take a deep breath and be grateful for what surrounds us. It is a time of "esprit de corps" among those of us who hunt together. It is a brotherhood of like minded people. :thumbup:
I'm lucky, I still have friends that I have hunted with for over 35 years. We have grown up "gracefully" together from young men to cantankerous old goats!! :lol: And in spite of ourselves became husbands and fathers that might actually be responsible and know something!! :wink: We have been given the ability to "pass on" the knowledge we have gained thru life's experiences if we are smart enough to do so.

In today's "hustle and bustle" world, I firmly believe that one needs to call "time out" from the grind. To "stop and smell the roses". Solitude is a great searcher of the soul. Sitting around a campfire and just starring into the flames is a great healer of the mind. It is primitive and it is ancestral. It's what reassures us we are indeed human.

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!