*Update Upsetting Christmas Day and now a second one

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

papabear1

Re: Upsetting Christmas Day

Post by papabear1 »

DuckHunt wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:29 pm
Sorry to hear about your dog. We lost our eleven year old Golden Retriever back in February and our seventeen year old cat back in September. I'm down to a single nine year old chocolate lab. After he's gone, we're taking a break from pets for a while. Its tough to say goodbye to a pet you've had for so long.
My wife and I have lost many wonderful dogs in our 53 yrs. of marriage ,
we always say we need a break from our beloved pets :D
BUT " it's not long before we are looking for another one,
or there has been times when they seem to find us :eusa-clap:
we will more than likely always have a dog,,,, :D

Dave :eusa-think:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

IronNoggin wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:16 pm
They are our Family. Been over a year, and I find it still damn tough...

"A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.
He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?'
'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered.
Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.
Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up'.The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveller asked.
'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'
'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in..'
'How about my friend here?' the traveller gestured to the dog.
There should be a bowl by the pump.'

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveller filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.
When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

'What do you call this place?' the traveller asked.
This is Heaven,' he answered.

'Well, that's confusing,' the traveller said. 'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'

'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'

'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'

'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.'"
Ain't it the truth!!!
Thanks Matt for the wonderful message!!
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Had my oldest Beagle that I got from Dutchhunter on this forum die at 12 years old. Two dogs six months apart. Keeping Ash's and got a stone coming for my little buddy that deserve a fitting tribute. This dogs hurts. Beagle/Jack Russel is the middle age dog. Hope he hangs on for a few good years yet. Been a gr8 ride with Simba who acted human, such a good natured dog and was the boss dog. Will keep my eyes open for another baby Beagle. CHEERS! Everyone
Deaf jeff

Re: *Update Upsetting Christmas Day and now a second one

Post by Deaf jeff »

sorry to read of your 2nd loss. i have a memorial plaque with thier picture made for my dogs. quite reasonable for some of them and nice to see them everyday :thumbup:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Losing a loved one, whether human or pet, is never easy. It leaves a empty space in one's life. All one can do is keep their memory and good times alive in our daily thoughts, and be grateful for the time we got to spend with them while they were with us.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Just not the same shooting in my big fenced in yard anymore. No dogs to tell "get away from the targets" every 2 minutes. :lol: To big of fence yard, garage with extra dogloo and music playing 24/7 and to much love not to share with another rambunctious beagle. :) Brightside is without my Bloodhound my cucumber patch will be huge with Lester not chomping them down all summer when they grow on outside of the fence. :lol: :lol: :lol: CHEERS!
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelie wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:49 am
Just not the same shooting in my big fenced in yard anymore. No dogs to tell "get away from the targets" every 2 minutes. :lol: To big of fence yard, garage with extra dogloo and music playing 24/7 and to much love not to share with another rambunctious beagle. :) Brightside is without my Bloodhound my cucumber patch will be huge with Lester not chomping them down all summer when they grow on outside of the fence. :lol: :lol: :lol: CHEERS!
I know how you feel after losing 2 of my girls within 9 months. I'm still broken hearted and I still sometimes expect to see them. We both know there really is no bright side. The only consolations I have is that they didn't suffer much at all and they're both buried here so my ashes will be with them when I'm gone. One of them was that one dog that you get if you're lucky, a true one man dog. My heart goes out to you Kevin!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

wheelie wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:31 pm
Had my oldest Beagle that I got from Dutchhunter on this forum die at 12 years old. Two dogs six months apart. Keeping Ash's and got a stone coming for my little buddy that deserve a fitting tribute. This dogs hurts.
Sorry to hear of this again.

I still VERY much miss The BoogyMan. Two years in, and his is still on my mind. Likely always will be.

They really are FAMILY.

Sadly,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."