Assassin won’t decock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Craiga

Assassin won’t decock

Post by Craiga »

I shoot an Assassin 360 which has developed a problem and I wondered how common it might be. There are no other issues with the bow. It cranks fine, shoots great - all seems well.

However, starting earlier this year, I’m no longer able to decock the bow. I’m very familiar with how to accomplish this, and have done so many times.

After a September hunt, I was not able to do so. I thought it was me at the time, so simply shot an arrow into a target to accomplish this.

On my next hunt I noticed the same issue, so started trying to see what the problem was. When attempting to decock - the F.D.L simply will not budge.

Also - the crank switch that once required slight pressure on the crank handle to move between “crank” and “release” now moves freely between the two positions. So much so that by the end of season I had to really pay attention while hunting to make sure that the switch hadn’t moved to the “crank” position. I found it in this position many times, as merely bumping the switch changes position.

I’m going to contact Excalibur, but wondered if this was an issue anyone else had experienced.
Boo

Re: Assassin won’t decock

Post by Boo »

I can’t remember seeing that in the past. Sure sounds like an internal problem.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Craiga

Re: Assassin won’t decock

Post by Craiga »

Boo wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:09 am
I can’t remember seeing that in the past. Sure sounds like an internal problem.
That’s what I’m thinking, as well. I contacted Excalibur, who have asked me to ship the bow to them for evaluation.