Target advice

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Knight

Target advice

Post by Knight »

Looking for a target to handle both field points and broadheads. Micro 355.

Any suggestions?
Normous

Re: Target advice

Post by Normous »

The Morrell High Roller has been working well for me in that regard. It stops arrows from my fast Scorpyd well.
Its portable at a decent weight, has a decent price point and offers multiple shooting sides.
Arrow removal somewhere in the middle, not real hard but not one finger removal.

Tip: don't shoot the same spot over and over with BH's and expect a forever target and if your BH sticks out the backside , unscrew it first.

I buy mine from EASTHILL in Ont.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Ditto on what Norm says!! Pretty good target. I like mine!! :thumbup:
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I bought a BLOB target this year and could not be happier. It stops my 16" MIcro arrows with 10" still sticking out of the target with fixed BHs.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Boo

Post by Boo »

The Morrell is a decent target but it won’t live nearly as long as a Rinehart. But your life will be better with one target for broadheads and one for target points. I like my Thirdhand Archery Ragbag the best. Ten or more years a go I bought several thinking they’d need replacement but I’m still on my first Ragbag. Another great option for target points is the Bulldog target. I just bought 3 more I hopes that Boofest will happen this yr.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

I also use a bulldog target for field points. Just make sure you get the PLUS model.
For broadheads I used a Cabela's branded Reinhardt. It has been good, but after the years, like all foam products it has lost a but of its "sponge" and has gone a bit hard.
Danny Miller arrow puller is a MUST for these targets

I'll probably replace it with a Morrell High roller this time
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:53 pm
The Morrell is a decent target but it won’t live nearly as long as a Rinehart. But your life will be better with one target for broadheads and one for target points. I like my Thirdhand Archery Ragbag the best. Ten or more years a go I bought several thinking they’d need replacement but I’m still on my first Ragbag. Another great option for target points is the Bulldog target. I just bought 3 more I hopes that Boofest will happen this yr.
Yep!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

nchunterkw wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:52 pm
I bought a BLOB target this year and could not be happier. It stops my 16" MIcro arrows with 10" still sticking out of the target with fixed BHs.
x2 on the BLOB target. I picked up one after getting the Micro 400TD. It's very effective at stopping anything I shoot at it and nothing has came close to sticking out the other side yet. I still shoot field points into bag targets mainly because they are easier to remove. I may never need another broadhead target.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I do the same. Morrell crossbow bag target fir FPS. Not sure you can get a BLOB in Canada.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:53 pm
.....so should we start the count down yet Don!

.....and I totally concur on the Bulldog 🎯
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings