New Xbow for 2021

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Re: New Xbow for 2021

Post by Carnivorous »

Very innovative!!

Way out of my price range so I will watch from the cheap seats! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:40 am
.....what we are seeing is Bowtech coming full circle in the ruination of a brand....instead of learning FROM their Excalibur acquisition to better themselves...they have destroyed what has made Excalibur great: simplicity and reliability!
Totally agree, :think:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

I hope I’m wrong... but I see wheels on these bows in the next 5 years.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

It's just a new idea. Not the end of the world. I think there will be some folks who really love this new bow. I'm not a fan of change myself but you can't blame Excalibur for trying to make a better mousetrap. At one time the recurve design we love so much was new technology.
Just my 2 cents.
Take care
Hatchet
Boo

Post by Boo »

You guys are off your rockers! The trigger unit is actually simple especially if you compare it to some other trigger units. In no way are the limbs, the mainframe or the riser considered complex. This complexity of this bow is a fraction of that of the Assassin.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

Hatchet wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:33 am
It's just a new idea. Not the end of the world. I think there will be some folks who really love this new bow. I'm not a fan of change myself but you can't blame Excalibur for trying to make a better mousetrap. At one time the recurve design we love so much was new technology.
Just my 2 cents.
Take care
Hatchet
Well done! Someone with an open mind! The fact is that they are looking long and hard at production and beginning to wonder if they can keep up to the orders that have come in the last few weeks. I am quite surprised at how many orders there are so far! There is lots of variation regionally where some places you can take more than one turkey in a day, some areas there are so many deer that taking more than one in a short period of time wouldn't be an anomaly. How many of us have whacked a turkey and the dead gobbler's buddies take off and come back in minutes to check out their newly deceased or beat on him?
Geeze, some of you guys are becoming a big stick in the mud! Guess some of us are older than what is on your driver's license! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

At a price point of $2,200 that means $1,100 per shot. The way I see it, one can reduce that price substantially by buying and using two Mag 340s. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Hatchet wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:33 am
Just my 2 cents.
Take care
Hatchet
I agree, even if I don't need a 2 arrow bow. But I love innovation and I think Excal can be incredibly innovative and still maintain simplicity. Some of the best conversations I've had in this industry have been with Excal engineers, they all thing outside the box. One thing can be said if you like this bow or not, it's going to work.

All vendors stray from their bread and Butter, Excal has done it lots of times. Maybe it's just to keep the engineers current in the market. Or perhaps to lock up a patent. Wouldn't be the first time we've that.

The naysayers react the same when Excal changes a camo pattern :roll:

Like I said, is it for me ..no(But I say the same for an assassin) Will I shoot the shat out of one the first chance I get ... ABSOLUTELY!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

I am very intrigued to see which trigger/safety design the chose for the production model.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

All of my hunting guns except the.308 Savage are single shot. I’m certainly not thinking a BOW of any type needs more than one shot either. It’s going to be another issue for the anti hunters to Busch about which just isn’t worth it, unless you’re hunting Zombies!

:eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:34 am
All of my hunting guns except the.308 Savage are single shot. I’m certainly not thinking a BOW of any type needs more than one shot either. It’s going to be another issue for the anti hunters to Busch about which just isn’t worth it, unless you’re hunting Zombies!

Did someone mention hunting ZOMBIES!!!! I'm game, let's roll!!!! :mrgreen:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

The Antis will just find something else to gripe about. It's what they do. I refuse to tip-toe around trying to live my life to please a bunch of Antis.
Take care
Hatchet
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:46 am
xcaliber wrote:

That’s next years model, where did you get that intel? :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:46 am
xcaliber wrote:

Hold on. Is that a multi shot battery ignited marshmallow gun?
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Now that feller means business. :lol: