New Xbow for 2021

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Re: New Xbow for 2021

Post by IronNoggin »

And I would call it: NOT in my arsenal. Ever.

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

This guy did a pretty good review of the new Twinstrike if you want to see it in action:

https://youtu.be/Oq95apo19MA

Peter
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

People need to take a deep breath. For anyone that says they will NEVER buy this, well lucky for you Excalibur still makes "single shots". So no skin off your back.

I'm sure we'll learn more about the limbs that were developed for the Twinstrike pretty soon, but it looks like they are constant width limbs that the rest of the models could benefit from. This could prove to be a very good thing for the rest of the micro line.

This is a very mechanically simple design. Much simpler than any compound crossbow still.

I don't have to look hard at all to find TONS of examples where vertical bowhunters end up taking a 2nd shot at a deer just mere seconds after their first shot. Or shoot at a 2nd deer. And the more I think about it, the more times I can recall where it would have benefitted me in prior hunts. In 2020 alone for me, 2 times with turkey and once with deer. And for non-deer, follow up shots happen even more often.....moose hunters, feral hog hunters, having both a decapitation head and a regular broadhead loaded at the same time for turkey, the application list goes on.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

I would love to see the matrix series come out with all wooden stocks, i think alot of people would buy them,
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelsquad wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:58 pm
People need to take a deep breath. For anyone that says they will NEVER buy this, well lucky for you Excalibur still makes "single shots". So no skin off your back.

I'm sure we'll learn more about the limbs that were developed for the Twinstrike pretty soon, but it looks like they are constant width limbs that the rest of the models could benefit from. This could prove to be a very good thing for the rest of the micro line.

This is a very mechanically simple design. Much simpler than any compound crossbow still.

I don't have to look hard at all to find TONS of examples where vertical bowhunters end up taking a 2nd shot at a deer just mere seconds after their first shot. Or shoot at a 2nd deer. And the more I think about it, the more times I can recall where it would have benefitted me in prior hunts. In 2020 alone for me, 2 times with turkey and once with deer. And for non-deer, follow up shots happen even more often.....moose hunters, feral hog hunters, having both a decapitation head and a regular broadhead loaded at the same time for turkey, the application list goes on.
Well done!
While I don't see an extremely perfect fit for me for most of my hunting, I do see that for coyotes it would be handy and when I go look for the deer, no fumbling around. But there are areas in that deer are abundant where you might want a second shot at a second deer and there are places where you can shoot 2 turkeys a day.
Let us not diminish a bow that hasn't been used let alone seen in person or shot!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Boo wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:14 pm
wheelsquad wrote:

Well done!
While I don't see an extremely perfect fit for me for most of my hunting, I do see that for coyotes it would be handy and when I go look for the deer, no fumbling around. But there are areas in that deer are abundant where you might want a second shot at a second deer and there are places where you can shoot 2 turkeys a day.
Let us not diminish a bow that hasn't been used let alone seen in person or shot!
I agree other companies use their same platforms tweek them a little add some gadgets to them and sell them twice as much at least Excalibur has come out with some different technology take down bows (which I personally like) two shot crossbow the internal crank in the assassin models and the charger crank. Is it for me probably not but there are a lot of people that would like that second shot for hogs or turkeys. Not to mention it’s got to be a blast to shoot.
I’m still curious what their top 3 sellers are though.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:46 pm
This guy did a pretty good review of the new Twinstrike if you want to see it in action:

Peter
Peter, I can’t see or find info on whether you an use the Twinstrike as a single shot bow?
Do both bolts need to be nocked?
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

What kind of stringer will it require to change out strings or adjust brace height?
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Boo

Post by Boo »

GrassyKnoll wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:12 pm
What kind of stringer will it require to change out strings or adjust brace height?
It comes with a stringing aid
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:30 pm
Boo wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:18 pm
flightattendant100 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:13 pm
AJ01, they did have “ The Chicken Ranch” here in Texas for years, but it may not have been the same thing😎
Paul! Paul! Paul! 🤣🤣🤣
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah yes, that little old town called La Grange!!! Been thru there many times. Always on business, of course!! :eusa-shifty: :eusa-shifty:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

maine hunter wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:55 pm
I would love to see the matrix series come out with all wooden stocks, i think alot of people would buy them,
I give that a vote!! Laminated wood!! Betcha!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

So what's new in 2022?

A take down Twinstrike or a faster Twinstrike?

Will the other models remain somewhat the same for the next few years?

I am sort of new to the crossbow scene, but I've seen this type of marketing for decades. Mathews and their single cam bows had guys hooked on upgrading year after year. Meanwhile, I shot the same Mathews bow for 17 years. Since my compound bow was going to be outdated the following year, I just kept the same outdated one year after year. It's still harvested deer in the meantime.

When I did finally upgrade, it was associate with other factors like switching to carbon arrows, drop away rest, or something else.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Hillcountry wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:47 pm
Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:46 pm

Peter
Peter, I can’t see or find info on whether you an use the Twinstrike as a single shot bow?
Do both bolts need to be nocked?

Yes it can be used as a single shot. Same functionality as having both loaded and then taking one shot and waiting to take the second shot. That's no different than just cocking and shooting one from the get-go like a single shot.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Normous

Post by Normous »

I wonder what Excaliburs founder Bill Trowbridge would say today. :eusa-think: :eusa-think:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Boo wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:14 pm
wheelsquad wrote:

Well done!
Some states allow you to shoot multiple deer per day and some do not. And the ones that do usually require that you tag one before you shoot another.
I would not want to shoot at a second deer until I lay hands on the first one.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><