What could go wrong?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

What could go wrong?

Post by XB I GO »

Nothing... I thought.
First day I hunted where there is a feeder. It didn't go off. Second day some people walked through the property right about the time the deer usually come out. Afternoon I forgot the release for my vertical bow. Third day it rained. All my lighted nocks went off. I didn't have anything to turn them off with. Fourth Day, I draw back on a deer and my D Loop breaks (and its less than a month old). Fifth day my brother is in my stand when I get there. Oh, yeah, and he got not one but 2 deer! Fifth afternoon I got to my treestand. The deer are 20 yards and I'm about to shoot. The deer look back and run. A coyote is chasing them. Sixth morning, a homeless person is sleeping on the trail that turns into my blind. I back out because I don't want to scare him. Afternoon I have to take grandparents to airport. Good grief!
flightattendant100

Re: What could go wrong?

Post by flightattendant100 »

Hmm, are you jinxed? Heard of the term "Snakebit". :lol: :lol: Hang in there XB. it will come around for you.
Boo

Post by Boo »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Some days! Ever where in life can be like that but as long as that sort of thing doesn't happen with my relationships with people or my dogs, I'm ok with it because poop happens and those are the days to go home and have a nap. :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
artifact

Post by artifact »

Sounds like "Murphy" is following you around, what's the old saying, you got to take the good with the bad, sounds like things can only get better!
Last edited by artifact on Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It only takes a second for your luck to change, it’s gonna happen!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Something about the old cliche "if it wasn't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all" :lol:
Hang tough!! It'll change!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

All you can do it keep on keeping on. The only thing certain in life is that's not the last of the bad luck. But that's what makes success taste so sweet.

At least you're getting it out of your system now. Eventually you'll have a season where everything works perfect and you'll be out of tags way too early. I've taken a few deer while walking out to my stand with my bow in hand. And we seldom complain about a successful 30 minute sit.

One morning of the 2019 duck season started with my brother and my daughter standing on a boat launch ramp about 3:45am watching his boat float down the river with no one in it and disappear into the foggy night. :lol: I was 30 minutes away down river and just about to launch when I got the phone call. As we were searching for his boat in the thick fog, I couldn't help but think that the perfect ending to this situation would be to run over his boat with mine. :lol: After a 20 minute search, we eventually found his camo boat a few miles downstream. Obviously our timing for the morning what shot to heck. We ended up getting to the hunting location and the decoys out just after shooting hours had opened. That ended up being our best hunt of the 2019 season.

Stuff happens. You've just got to roll with the punches.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

If it were me I would write all this stuff down and when you are my age you will have something to laugh about . Your luck can't get any worse . Hang in there it will change. :thumbup:
W.M.
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

XB sound like your having what we call "a good run of bad luck". Regroup, throw up a quick prayer to the man upstairs and throw yourself back into it.
And know this, we are all rooting for ya.
Take care
Hatchet
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

Well, I sat 18 times. I saw deer but never the buck I wanted or a good shot that I was willing to take. Back to school for now. 2 more weeks of regular season then spike and doe for 2 weeks. I might get one yet!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I mentioned one time l was in a freinds ten acre backyard in a rather thick sticker filled area in my climber. l was literally on the property line and a oriental gentleman in a suite with a camera walks under me.
I really wasn't in a mood for confrontation about a property line so l let him pass not seeing me up the tree.
5 minutes later a 146 inch perfect 10 pointer was disturbed by the man what l presume was a real-estate agent or possibly an insurance agent...
Taking pictures .The buck ended up my way and walked under me l shot him on my side of the property line with a big rothaar snuffer and was down in my friends backyard in seconds so sometimes it goes your way as dan said ..so hang in there it will eventually go your way.
All this is normal in my suburban hunting spots.
But l manage to kill nice bucks every year and have began to actually love it.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.