Excalibur TwinStrike Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: Excalibur TwinStrike Crossbow

Post by janesy »

Sparkey wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:53 pm
I want to see a video of someone shooting a 450 grain arrow top and 350 bottom. I would guess at about 36 yards they hit each other.

On a personal note. Archery hunting is all about the challenge of getting close to a target to make that one shot count. I think this goes against everything that archery hunting stands for.
I think you are reading too much into it. The beauty of hunting is that it means something completely different to each and every hunter. Or anti-hunter for that matter as well. For anyone to suggest it goes against everything that archery hunting stands for is simply incorrect. It may go against everything YOU stand for, but to suggest it does for the sport itself, is a little closed minded. And based on the responses on social media, not including this site, that opinion is clearly in the minority. The overwhelming response to this is possitive... But that's the beauty of it, it doesn't matter either way. :thumbup:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

janesy wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:24 pm
Sparkey wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:53 pm
I want to see a video of someone shooting a 450 grain arrow top and 350 bottom. I would guess at about 36 yards they hit each other.

On a personal note. Archery hunting is all about the challenge of getting close to a target to make that one shot count. I think this goes against everything that archery hunting stands for.
I think you are reading too much into it. The beauty of hunting is that it means something completely different to each and every hunter. Or anti-hunter for that matter as well. For anyone to suggest it goes against everything that archery hunting stands for is simply incorrect. It may go against everything YOU stand for, but to suggest it does for the sport itself, is a little closed minded. And based on the responses on social media, not including this site, that opinion is clearly in the minority. The overwhelming response to this is possitive... But that's the beauty of it, it doesn't matter either way. :thumbup:
Well said Chris!
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Two strings and four limbs.... Sounds like alot of strings to make and maintain.
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

8ptbuk wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:10 pm
Two strings and four limbs.... Sounds like alot of strings to make and maintain.
Pretty much every compound currently made has 4 limbs. And one string and 2 to 4 cables each, all that must be timed, usually with a press needed to do so. The Twinstrike is still just 2 basic strings that just need brace height maintained, which can still be done with a basic stringer. Still very mechanically simple and just as easy to maintain as we're used to.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Normous

Post by Normous »

wheelsquad wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:30 pm
8ptbuk wrote:
Pretty much every compound currently made has 4 limbs. And one string and 2 to 4 cables each, all that must be timed, usually with a press needed to do so. The Twinstrike is still just 2 basic strings that just need brace height maintained, which can still be done with a basic stringer. Still very mechanically simple and just as easy to maintain as we're used to.
Yup, just basic maintainence as usual, most of us have more than one Excalibur to maintain anyway. No issue the way I see it.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

I'm holding out for the Twinstrike TD in 2022! :)
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

DuckHunt wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:28 pm
Is the new nock a requirement? If so, are lighted nocks not currently an option for the Twinstrike? :eusa-think:
The new nock is needed to shoot the bow however I just saw a video about decocking the bow and the guy removed an arrow with a lighted nock so I’m not sure if it’s a special lighted nock or a Lumenok will work.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
janesy

Post by janesy »

8ptbuk wrote:
Got any good contacts Mike? :wink:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

janesy wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:30 am
8ptbuk wrote:
Got any good contacts Mike? :wink:
I was just thinking that a crossbow with a 358 LBS draw weight would have to be tough on strings and serving. Is this not the highest poundage crossbow Excalibur has ever sold ???
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I was in Green Top in Ashland, Virginia this afternoon and to my surprise, in addition to a Mag 340, 340 TD and a Suppressor 400TD, they also had the new Twinstrike hanging up for the public to handle. And handle it I did.

The first impression I got from my Micro 335 was that it was a toy because it was so small and light. That was until you cocked it and fired it. Then you realized the amount of power the small package was harnessing. Well, you don't get that impression from the Twinstrike at all. My first impression was that it was heavy. I handled the Mag340 before I noticed the Twinstrike, so the step up in weight was very pronounced. It even seemed heavy after handling the Suppressor 400TD. And this impression was in spite of the Twinstrike being the only one without a quiver attached. But, that heft certainly gives you the impression that this is a very solid crossbow. I'm guessing it will be quieter than many of the current models due to the added mass. Despite the weight, it felt balanced and I'm certain it will shoot well. The added weight may come with a few benefits. I wouldn't want to carry it a long distance.

The scope was very clear. The reticle is similar to the TACT100. It was hard to make out the small aim points against a dark background in a well lit store, but they were very clean and crisp when illuminated and not washed out like some get when over-illuminated. The distance measurements seemed to have smaller text than I'm used to, but that may not be the case.

It didn't have the quiver or any arrows available to look them over.

Overall, it appears to be a very solid crossbow that will do something no other crossbow on the market can do.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Normous

Post by Normous »

Hats off to the new stock design, to me its Excals best stock to date and should make the user smile every time shouldering it.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

crsmith wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:07 pm
I follow this forum but rarely post, however I do feel the need in this case. I am a huge fan of excalibur crossbows but I don’t like the direction they have headed with this bow. Excalibur has always been about keeping things simple and developing bows for the bow hunter. Why would you ever want or need a crossbow with 4 limbs 2 strings and the complications that go along with it. Archery is about using your skills to get close and wait for the opportunity for one well placed shot and if that opportunity doesn’t present itself maybe that’s the way it’s suppose to be on that day. My bets are we will see more wounded animals with this bow, people lobbing second shots just cause they have one. It’s sad to see hunters getting caught up in the bigger, better, faster world and seems people are forgetting what archery is suppose to be. There may be some that will show interest in this bow but it won’t be me. Let’s keep it simple Excalibur, when it comes to hunting less is more.
..... and with one accord, the entire Congregation jumped to its feet and shouted Amen!

..... as sheep we are being led to slaughter... away from simplicity....

.....ok Excalibur, take this new Twinstrike Crossbow and run it through your destruction challenge.... then let’s talk about it!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:28 pm
Thinking back on this past season.

I had a buck come by at 40 yards and I used the 20 yard pin!! Duh!!!!

The arrow went under the deer.

It just stood there for a minute then walked away. :(

If I had a second arrow I would have composed myself and used the correct pin!!! :mrgreen:
.....Jeff, that’s if your arms weren’t aching from holding up an 8 lb XB
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

After watching David Wilkins YouTube video I see a few things that are really nice, hopefully to be used on single deck models.

Excalibur, love the stock too, great job! It’s hard to reinvent the wheel. :eusa-think:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'm surprised that no one noticed that the safety is now in a much better place. No more grip change to turn the safety to fire.
Some people just like stepping on rakes