Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Re: Legal in Wisconsin

Post by AJ01 »

wheelsquad wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:11 pm
AJ01 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:15 am
According to what is out there on the innertube this is NOT legal in the State of New York.
But then again, in New York, common sense is illegal. :lol:
That's correct, but that is because of the greater than 200lb draw weight, just like all of the micros.
Yes Sir, and no matter how you slice it, still a whole lotta crazy!! Draw weight does not translate into FPS or energy. Most vertical bows these days shoot in the same neighborhood as for FPS. Forgive me, but I am at a loss to figure this type of reasoning. :eusa-think:
Can someone explain this to me????? :eusa-popcorn:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

Just for the record - I never stated a Twinstrike was legal or not legal in Wisconsin. If you have a tag, I don't think having two crossbows in a blind is illegal. If there is a rule against that, please share it in writing. A person could have two crossbows cocked, loaded, & ready to fire. I don't see having a Twinstrike as being much different than that.

How does Wisconsin view the Twinstrike legally for hunting, I don't know?

A semi-auto shotgun without a plug in it isn't legal for migratory birds. Even if you only have one load in the gun, it must still have a plug. Add a plug & that same shotgun is now legal. Let's say a Twinstrike loaded with two arrows isn't legal in Wisconsin. Does loading only one arrow make it legal or do you have disable one of the limbs (remove the string for example).

If Wisconsin was hung up on this, it would be good to know before buying a Twinstrike. Hopefully, a good dealer will not lead customers in the wrong direction, but even they may claim ignorance about it.

The bottom line - How are game wardens going to view the Twinstrike? Are two arrows cocked & ready to fire legal in Wisconsin for hunting? Do we have a definite answer?
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:52 pm
wheelsquad wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:11 pm
AJ01 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:15 am
According to what is out there on the innertube this is NOT legal in the State of New York.
But then again, in New York, common sense is illegal. :lol:
That's correct, but that is because of the greater than 200lb draw weight, just like all of the micros.
Yes Sir, and no matter how you slice it, still a whole lotta crazy!! Draw weight does not translate into FPS or energy. Most vertical bows these days shoot in the same neighborhood as for FPS. Forgive me, but I am at a loss to figure this type of reasoning. :eusa-think:
Can someone explain this to me????? :eusa-popcorn:
I'm not from New Yahk but from what I've read on the interwebs they are just very anti-crossbow there, so they have the min width and max draw weight rules because they want to hamstring crossbow hunters, that's why it makes no sense because they want it to make no sense.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

This is at the bottom of the description in the Excalibur catalog.

“ The TwinStrike is legal in any state where crossbow hunting is legal.”
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
janesy

Post by janesy »

Bcxbow wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:40 pm
This is at the bottom of the description in the Excalibur catalog.

“ The TwinStrike is legal in any state where crossbow hunting is legal.”
Good enough for me :thumbup:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I did call the DNR and could not fine anything wrong with using the 2 shot crossbow , it is just a advancement in technology , as I was told. I think you all are putting to much into this matter . as far as I'm concerned they are legal . no diff, than a double barrel shot gun. :eusa-deadhorse:
W.M.