Any new plans for 2021

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Any new plans for 2021

Post by xcaliber »

Every year I try to come up with a few plans / projects for the year, and always focus one on my hunting techniques, places to hunt, and or equipment. This year I have a few that I will spend as much time as i can on to improve my hunting time in the field, at least in my own little world. I plan to shoot the Axe, and .243 handgun as much as possible as well as my newly acquired Vortex. I have also asked two of my friends involved in property sales, and leasing to help me find a place close to home for sneak in hunts. Additionally I'm working on a light weight climbing system that I can pack in for longer treks if needed. This particular dream has been something in my head for many years, and I have made, bought, and modified items specifically for this purpose. Last year I was forced to lighten my load substantially due to my health, but I ain't dead yet! This is one thing that I hope can help many others looking to do the same thing, and I'm going to make some videos along the way starting in the spring. I also have developed a passion for video taping hunts, and have just started building up a supply of items I intend to use for this venture. I will share some of the details as I move along and improve some things. I have my separate list for home improvements as well, but have decided to keep those in their own "bucket" of ideas. More to come, hopefully mostly fun, and safe. :thumbup:
I know we have wished one another a Happy New Year, and I truly hope you all have a good un! Keep the mind and body busy kids, and enjoy every day!

Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Re: Any new plans for 2021

Post by Riflemanz »

I hope to continue hunting the same area 30 minutes from home. 116 acres and the owner doesn't want anything from us to hunt it. I want to check out that new twinstrike bow at cabelas or buy it used from you Dan after you tire of it. I hope to get covid 19 vaccinated also. Who knows if that crap will even be gone in 2021. I hope to stay healthy too. My wife had 2 surgeries in 2020, one of them required us to fly to Tampa Fl for it. I hope she's done now and will stay healthy too. So Dan, send me pics of the new twin strike when you get it! :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Funny Steve, but I’m holding on to what I have as far as crossbows go, too much money for me! I would rather spend on a piece of hunting property. :thumbup:
Hope you and the Mrs’ enjoy great health this year buddy!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I hope to stay healthy thats my main goal. On the other hand I have a small field on my 5 acer lot and a bunch of white pine that grow close together . Gonna build me a hunting blind in the pines and plant some stuff for the deer and turkeys and fence it in so it will grow and take down the fence in the fall . that will take care of my summer months . it is about 20yrds. square. hope it works

W.M. :thumbup:
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I had an awsome deer season my brother got a doe this weekend ...l think I'm done ✔
Might do some coyote hunting in 2 weeks .
Other than avoiding the virus and staying healthy
I'm looking forward to fishing now lots a line to spool and tackle to get ready still rigging my polycraft tuffy with seats fish finders and all the "things".
Lots of turkeys seen the other day so that's another thing to think of.
It's all good.
I hope you guys are all keeping buisy also.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

This coming season I hope to get more of my hunts and harvests on video. I got four out of five on video the past season and have learned a little along the way. Hopefully I'll be even better at it this coming season.

This past season was my first in many years to use a climbing stand and I need to hone my logistics a tad. I did manage to bag two bucks on public land in two different states on my first two sits in it. I guess I should have stopped then because it was bound to go downhill, and it did. :lol: I'm researching a new safety harness (Hawk Elevate Pro or another HSS Hybrid?) and some type of retractable (wind-up?) pull rope to use while I'm taking the climber out. I've still got to figure out the best way to quietly strap the climber top and bottom together for transport that is light and easy to replicate in the dark.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I plan on hunting more. I hope to kill a bear and to get back into turkey hunting. I also want to duck and goose hunt, I have plenty on the land I hunt from time to time.
I also plan on fishing a lot since its been almost 3years since I have been. Doctors orders but that's another long story.
I don't plan on buying anymore hunting equipment :lol: :eusa-liar:
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

This last year I have spent a lot more time with my wife and children. Hunting, fishing, foraging, gardening, hiking, ATVing, getting long overdue projects done on the homestead. Plan to do even more this year.

Gonna expand our garden to twice its size. Raise some turkeys and meat chickens for backyard cookouts. Would like to take my daughters on a backwoods camping trip.

Going to try not to waste a single second worrying about things that are beyond my control.

And I look forward to sharing with you guys and seeing what you are up to.
Take care
Hatchet
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I get you Hatchett
(No sense worrying about what we can't control) same here!
Still worrying about the direction of this world you can't seem to shake it.
Honestly what's next ..... sham.shaming us hunters?

Oohhh it's gonna come!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Selling our 5th wheel full time abode and find a new home again, here in Arizona

Traveling is fine but trailer life is confining and difficult. Try living in 450sqft.

Little things I'd normally fix , require dealer trips and basically be homeless. We are thankfull these problems never happened while traveling but know the longer we travel, the more likely more serious problems will happen.

Still planning a trip to the Northwoods this fall. Gotta hunt my crossbow deer season in eagle river.

Selling some land to finance new abode, lots of changes in 2021. Time to apply for fall elk, antelope hunts already

Prayers for all those in need, including our country and the world we live in !

God help us all !
munch

Post by munch »

For me hunting wise the big part will be our new points system in Ontario for moose hunting and hopefully we can get a bull tag .i moose and bear hunt 3 weeks in sept .
At home I’m starting a big project. I bought a couple automatic tobacco harvesters each with 67hp Diesel engines.my plan is to strip them apart and build a firewood processor. Hope to have a 40 to 48” circular saw blade .i it 200 cord of firewood last year nights and weekends so this will make life much better for my old back
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good luck with all of your plans folks! So far in my spare time I’m working on my saddle hunting gear. I think I’ll be practicing in February, or March. I’m approaching this in three ways currently and plan to present each option if they work well. We are a population of choice! 8)
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Good luck too dan with the saddle. Don't be (hanging around) to much !
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Good Luck Dan, Joe, Bill and everyone else who has formulated a plan for this year.
"I love it when a plan comes together"
Hatchet
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Well...I'm going to convert a small bumper pull trailer into a ground blind that can be towed from location to location if need be. It'll be a pretty good size (6L x 4W x 7T...anything under 6.5, (I'm 6'3"), and I bump my head when I stand up and I hate that!!) . I've been toying with this idea a few years now. I inherited an old trailer from my father-in-law before he passed away. It's been sitting out by my workshop doing nothing but gathering rust. :eusa-doh:
I plan on turning it into this.... :wink:

This one is NOT mine. Okay...so I actually STOLE the idea!! :shh: :lol:
The only drawback to this is it will make it really easy to fall asleep in the evening!! :mrgreen:
Wonder if I can get DirectTV?? :eusa-think:
Can I add a solar panel to charge phones and run a coffee pot? What about air on the hot days of early bow season? :eusa-snooty:

I mean, after all, I'll be basically living in it!! :think:

My wife says if it gets me out of the house more, she's all for it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!