Plano Spire Case: What fits?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Plano Spire Case: What fits?

Post by DuckHunt »

For anyone interested in a Plano Spire hard case for their Micro series bow, here is some fitment information.

Here is the case with a Micro 335 in it.

Here are pictures with a Micro 340 TD in it.

Here are pictures with a Micro Suppressor 400TD in it.

So it appears that most, if not all, of the Micro models will fit. As long as your un-cocked limb width is less than about 25.5" then it should fit.

Things to know...
There are two pairs of plastic tabs near where the stirrup will rest. The two inner tabs are exactly 6" apart. Some bigfoot stirrups, or any stirrup with a real thick coating, will not sit between the tabs. It works fine if the stirrup sits on top of them. Or you can trim down/off the inner two tabs with a blade if you would like to have your stirrup sit lower in the case.

Also, your quiver has to be removed from the bow before putting the bow in the case. There really isn't an obvious way to store the quiver in the case. Here are a couple examples that will allow the case to close.

I elected to take a different route for the quiver by putting a mount on the outside of the case.
It rides there fine for me, but it may not be for everyone if you have some bumpy travels.

If you're looking for a hard case for your Micro, the Plano Spire case is a solid solution at a reasonable price.

This is not a paid advertisement. If they like to pay me, just send me another Plano Spire case and we'll call it even. :lol:
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
OhioXBowhunter

Re: Plano Spire Case: What fits?

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Nice write up on this case my son has one of these for his 340, that was only thing I didn’t like about it was no real place for the quiver. BTW have you tried the explorer case for your take downs I’ve got one for my 400 TD and love it it’s a well made case with lots of storage.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

OhioXBowhunter wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:13 pm
BTW have you tried the explorer case for your take downs I’ve got one for my 400 TD and love it it’s a well made case with lots of storage.
Yes, I have my 400TD in an Explorer case as well. I agree, its a nice case. It works very well for my needs when I'm just driving my Jeep to the hunting spot and getting out. To me, the hard case works better when the hunting trip involves a trip by boat/canoe or a muddy ride on an ATV. But its hard to beat the Explorer case when it comes to saving space. More often than not, I'm using an Explorer case.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Great review!! :thumbup:
I think a lot of folks will find this quite handy!!

I know I did for sure!!

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I have a Plano hard case similar to the explorer for my Matrix 310 and I love it. I rarely use the Tombstone case. :thumbup:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I have used this for my Micro 355. A really nice case but no chance with a HHA optimizer.
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
NJPiney

Post by NJPiney »

Does Dr Stirrup fit?
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

NJPiney wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:49 pm
Does Dr Stirrup fit?
I believe it would. Their website says their Micro stirrup is 10" wide. Well the flat front of the Spire case is roughly 10" wide on the inside. So it seems that it would be a perfect fit. See the note about the black plastic tabs on the bottom at the front where the stirrup would rest. Though it may not been necessary, you can trim them down or off with a blade to get a custom fit.