O/T Weather

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grouse

O/T Weather

Post by grouse »

It's 70F. as I type this, but that's indoors. Outside it's 2F. and snowing hard, with 6" - 10" forecast. I've never seen it snow this hard when it's this cold. It looks like most of the country is in the same boat. This can't be good for wildlife as this is the time of winter when food is getting scarce. We haven't been above freezing since a week ago Friday and aren't projected to get above 32F. until this coming Saturday. I'm pretty cold tolerant but I'm ready for spring.
axiom
350 SE
xcaliber

Re: O/T Weather

Post by xcaliber »

grouse wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:13 pm
It's 70F. as I type this, but that's indoors. Outside it's 2F. and snowing hard, with 6" - 10" forecast. I've never seen it snow this hard when it's this cold. It looks like most of the country is in the same boat. This can't be good for wildlife as this is the time of winter when food is getting scarce. We haven't been above freezing since a week ago Friday and aren't projected to get above 32F. until this coming Saturday. I'm pretty cold tolerant but I'm ready for spring.
YEP!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Has warmed up to 12* here from overnight low of 3*( really unusual for us) power out since about 7:00am. All electric house☹️. Supposed to get down to about 5* tonight. Hope power comes back on at some point. Sucks! None of Tx. Is set up for this.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I had posted a follow-up in "Other Topics" to my thread on "Snow in East Texas"...

But as I can see...EVERYONE has been effected by this wintery blast!! It started sleeting about 16:30 yesterday and turned to snow later. We got about 5 inches overnight. It was in the single digits when I went out this morning.
In Texas we have had snow and/or ice as far south as San Antonio. Bet it's due to all the "Global Warming" we have had. :wtf: :lol: :wtf:
Pardon me....I digress!! :eusa-doh: :lol:

Anyways...I grabbed a sheet to throw over the couch yesterday evening and brought the "Big Dog" in from outside. It didn't take her long to find her spot on the sofa. However...she had to "share" with someone else. :lol:
I don't know which one looks more content..... :eusa-think:

Both of these characters appear to be "Lazy Dogs"!! :lol: :lol:

As always...Y'all be safe out there!! And be all means...STAY WARM!!! :thumbup: :wink:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:27 pm
Has warmed up to 12* here from overnight low of 3*( really unusual for us) power out since about 7:00am. All electric house☹️. Supposed to get down to about 5* tonight. Hope power comes back on at some point. Sucks! None of Tx. Is set up for this.
My youngest daughter who works at Baylor Medical in Dallas says they have about 5-6 inches of snow at their house. No electricity. But they do have a fireplace. (And firewood they stole from me). They were told it may be days before power is back on.
Sure am glad I have a generator system!! :thumbup:

I feel for you guys!!

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:27 pm
Paul, I'm sure you have a plan in place, hope you all stay safe!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:36 pm
I had posted a follow-up in "Other Topics" to my thread on "Snow in East Texas"...

But as I can see...EVERYONE has been effected by this wintery blast!! It started sleeting about 16:30 yesterday and turned to snow later. We got about 5 inches overnight. It was in the single digits when I went out this morning.
In Texas we have had snow and/or ice as far south as San Antonio. Bet it's due to all the "Global Warming" we have had. :wtf: :lol: :wtf:

Anyways...I grabbed a sheet to throw over the couch yesterday evening and brought the "Big Dog" in from outside. It didn't take her long to find her spot on the sofa. However...she had to "share" with someone else. :lol:

As always...Y'all be safe out there!! And be all means...STAY WARM!!! :thumbup: :wink:

AJ
That is a great picture AJ! Nothing better than napping with a dog! :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

On a positive note you will not have to watch for belly crawlers Paul . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:36 pm

AJ
:lol: :lol:
Sweet :clap:
that's as cool as the other side of the pillow :D

Dave :thumbup:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

It was - 3 here in my part of mo.
it finally made it up to 2 as of right now,
come on spring :thumbup:

Dave :(
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Doe Master wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:15 pm
On a positive note you will not have to watch for belly crawlers Paul . :)
True!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Well...it's official.... :eusa-doh:

It's colder than a witch's :eusa-naughty: in a brass bra!!! :lol: :lol:

It's -4 degrees in East Texas!!! :shock: **-4** :wtf: I have NEVER seen it this cold in East Texas in my lifetime!! :wtf:

Who said they were ready for 2020 to end and 2021 to begin???? I am NOT "Nanook of the North"!! Thank you very much!! :eusa-naughty: :eusa-snooty:

I'll never again complain about Texas heat!! :eusa-liar: :lol:

Someone throw another log on the fire!!! :thumbup:

AJ
Boo

Post by Boo »

I feel sorry for you guys down south! You just aren't used to it. Its what we expect here. My buddies in Alberta, north of the Peace River usually have a few weeks of -40 every year! Now that's cold! :wtf: I just finished running my snow blower mounted on my tractor in my shorts! :eusa-liar: It's only 14 F today!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

In winter I generally walk to work. Last week it was -41, and it doesn't matter whether you say Celcius or Farenheit. At that temperature it's hard on machinery. I can put on warm clothes, but my truck can't. :D :D :D
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
janesy

Post by janesy »

My wife and I were driving through a storm on Sunday night South from North Bay and the snow was like sparkly Crystals. We both commented that it's too cold to be snowing, what's going on LOL. Guess we don't get to know.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme