I hope you guys are doing ok!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

I hope you guys are doing ok!

Post by Boo »

I've been watching the news and some areas are really getting beat up! No electricity, no heat, frozen pipes and no water just plain sucks! I hope it turns around soon for you!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Re: I hope you guys are doing ok!

Post by xcaliber »

My thoughts as well. Be safe all.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

We got power this morning about 10. Been off since Mon. morning about 7:45. Heat came on, life is good, then we get notice from city to conserve water and a boil order. We are making it, and thrilled to have power again.
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:38 pm
We got power this morning about 10. Been off since Mon. morning about 7:45. Heat came on, life is good, then we get notice from city to conserve water and a boil order. We are making it, and thrilled to have power again.
Good to hear that you're doing ok Paul! :thumbup:
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Good to hear Paul . :thumbup:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

on a lighter side Paul got to shovel snow for the 1st time ! :thumbup: :lol: Glad things are getting back to normal !
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:38 pm
:eusa-clap: :eusa-dance: :eusa-clap: :eusa-dance: :wave: :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flightattendant100

So today...... it’s 72*😁 can’t make this up
janesy

Post by janesy »

Glad to hear you guys are getting back up on you feet. Getting froze out in the winter really sucks. It's amazing how fast stuff goes sideways
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
flightattendant100

janesy wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:01 pm
Glad to hear you guys are getting back up on you feet. Getting froze out in the winter really sucks. It's amazing how fast stuff goes sideways
Janesy, yeah we still have water restrictions. Storm put 3out of 4 treatment plants down and there were over 200 water main breaks. Not household pipes but city mains. They don’t bury water lines very deep here because it never( almost) gets cold for any length of time. We are making it!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:32 pm
janesy wrote:
Janesy, yeah we still have water restrictions. Storm put 3out of 4 treatment plants down and there were over 200 water main breaks. Not household pipes but city mains. They don’t bury water lines very deep here because it never( almost) gets cold for any length of time. We are making it!
They are pumping more water than is being delivered and when the ground thaws there will be havoc to roads and or foundations. It's a crazy mess!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hope this is a once in a hundred years kinda thing on both ends, the weather, and the power grid issues. Glad you made through okay!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

xcaliber wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:10 pm
Hope this is a once in a hundred years kinda thing on both ends, the weather, and the power grid issues. Glad you made through okay!
Had one in 1983 that was worse. 23 days below freezing, most highs in teens or low twenties, most lows in single digit or low teens. EVERY water main in town broke then, but we didnt loose power if memory serves.
flightattendant100

Boo wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:36 pm
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:32 pm
janesy wrote:
They are pumping more water than is being delivered and when the ground thaws there will be havoc to roads and or foundations. It's a crazy mess!
Don, they dont bury water lines very deep here because our ground almost NEVER freezes. We may have a day or two of cold but then back to 60. The almost part of that is the killer.