Google , omega crossbow sight

Then click on some of the videos

Range it, Film it, Shoot it

Pretty dang cool

Or go to. www.omegasight.com

Available for compounds rifle pistols shotgun

Pretty sure similar sight was show here before

Lil bow peep. Price has come down!
Last edited by elkaholic on Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
xcaliber

Re: Another new crossbow sighting system

Post by xcaliber »

Not a horrible price either. Pretty slick. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
W.Miguire

Re: Another crossbow sighting system

Post by W.Miguire »

Yes is is a good idea , the only thing is at low light if you hunt at time it will light up your location and give you away. :problem: TMHO.
W.M.
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

When it comes to archery, I prefer simple. I shoot best with a single fixed vertical pin (not horizontal) used somewhat instinctively. If the deer is slightly farther than 30 yards, I start to aim slightly higher. I feel a vertical pin helps keep in me line (where I want to be on the animal). If an animal is outside my comfortable range, I will try again tomorrow. Having a tag in the pocket is never bad. If I was target shooting long distances, I may feel differently about a single fixed pin. I don't think of deer as targets, nor do they act like one. When crunch time comes, I don't want to be picking the right pin nor do I want to guess where the slider pin should be set for the actual shot. I seldom have a deer stand on a spot that I have picked out for them to shoot at.

Can I out shoot a sight like this Omega sight? Probably not, but I don't feel I need a $400 sight to kill a deer within any range I would shoot with archery equipment. The filming feature, however, would be really nice to have.

I have been bowhunting for over 3 decades. I am visiting an archery shop today that carries Excalibur (restocked recently) & Ten Point. While they are replacing my 4 year old cables/string on my G5 Prime Impact compound, I am going to check out crossbows. Prime offers lifetime replacement (free every 2 years) of cables/string (nice perk). I purchased the bow in 2013, and this will be the second replacement set.

I may feel differently about sights with a crossbow. Using a scope as one gets older is surely one of the appealing features. I am skeptical of anything that relies on batteries to work. If my hand held rangefinder dies, my hunt for the day is not lost.

For those who want these features in a crossbow sight, the Omega sight does look very appealing!
Last edited by Driftless hunter on Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boo

Post by Boo »

This is what I'm waiting for. Usable on firearms and crossbows
https://www.planosynergy.com/2021-product-halxb0002/
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

:thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Driftless hunter

Boo wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:19 pm
The Omega Sight wouldn't be any different as far as that is concerned. The Omega sight can be attached to a compound bow, rifle/shotgun, or crossbow.

If your style of hunting warrants a range finder, these (Omega & Halo Hyper X) sights look like great options. I've been gun hunting since 1975, & I can't say I've ever had a need to range find any deer I've shot with a rifle. I seldom hunt fields, however.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Driftless hunter wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:51 am
When it comes to archery, I prefer simple. I shoot best with a single fixed vertical pin (not horizontal) used somewhat instinctively. If the deer is slightly farther than 30 yards, I start to aim slightly higher. I feel a vertical pin helps keep in me line (where I want to be on the animal). If an animal is outside my comfortable range, I will try again tomorrow. Having a tag in the pocket is never bad. If I was target shooting long distances, I may feel differently about a single fixed pin. I don't think of deer as targets, nor do they act like one. When crunch time comes, I don't want to be picking the right pin nor do I want to guess where the slider pin should be set for the actual shot. I seldom have a deer stand on a spot that I have picked out for them to shoot at.

Can I out shoot a sight like this Omega sight? Probably not, but I don't feel I need a $400 sight to kill a deer within any range I would shoot with archery equipment. The filming feature, however, would be really nice to have.

I have been bowhunting for over 30 decades. I am visiting an archery shop today that carries Excalibur (restocked recently) & Ten Point. While they are replacing my 4 year old cables/string on my G5 Prime Impact compound, I am going to check out crossbows. Prime offers lifetime replacement (free every 2 years) of cables/string (nice perk). I purchased the bow in 2013, and this will be the second replacement set.

I may feel differently about sights with a crossbow. Using a scope as one gets older is surely one of the appealing features. I am skeptical of anything that relies on batteries to work. If my hand held rangefinder dies, my hunt for the day is not lost.

For those who want these features in a crossbow sight, the Omega sight does look very appealing!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
WOW, you are getting OLD :lol: :lol:
finally someone older than me :D

Dave :mrgreen:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

papabear1 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:13 am
Driftless hunter wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:51 am

I have been bowhunting for over 30 decades. I am visiting an archery shop today that carries Excalibur (restocked recently) & Ten Point. While they are replacing my 4 year old cables/string on my G5 Prime Impact compound, I am going to check out crossbows. Prime offers lifetime replacement (free every 2 years) of cables/string (nice perk). I purchased the bow in 2013, and this will be the second replacement set.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
WOW, you are getting OLD :lol: :lol:
finally someone older than me :D

Dave :mrgreen:
Older than you! If ya do the math he'd be older than Moses. :shock: :lol:
curious

Post by curious »

Yeah 30 decades, must be a hunting record :lol: :thumbup:
Micro Axe 340 Kryptek Raid
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10x40, HHA Tetra XB
Dr Stirrup Bumpers
BEE'S 400 grains with ignitor lighted nocks
Boo force 10 strings
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

curious wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:55 am
I don't plan on beating that record :eusa-dance:

old Dave :lol:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Boo wrote:
Looks interesting. Should we get a couple dozen guys together and make a bulk purchase? Or have you already got a few on the way??? (Nice door prizes for BooFest)
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Driftless hunter

papabear1 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:03 pm
curious wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:55 am
I don't plan on beating that record :eusa-dance:

old Dave :lol:
Sorry about that one 3 decades or 30 years! Brain fart moment!!!! :)
Boo

Post by Boo »

Hi5 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:32 pm
Boo wrote:
Looks interesting. Should we get a couple dozen guys together and make a bulk purchase? Or have you already got a few on the way??? (Nice door prizes for BooFest)
No, I have not pulled the trigger on this. I am going to wait until I see some feedback on it. There are a few questions unanswered.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
drywallerdave1

Post by drywallerdave1 »

I kinda like the Burris oracle x xbow scope.

And a lifetime warranty which is big considering how expensive these scopes are