Bog Fieldpod

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

curious

Bog Fieldpod

Post by curious »

I have been looking at this item for some time and I picked up a Bog Fieldpod for hunting from my ground blind. I found it on sale, I seems to be a quality product I guess time will tell. It is nice and light 5lbs. I have tried it out shooting in my basement and I am pretty happy with it.Image
Micro Axe 340 Kryptek Raid
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10x40, HHA Tetra XB
Dr Stirrup Bumpers
BEE'S 400 grains with ignitor lighted nocks
Boo force 10 strings
hunter with MS

Re: Bog Fieldpod

Post by hunter with MS »

I have one and have used others they are worth it . Works for both gun and crossbow.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

hunter with MS wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:48 pm
I have one and have used others they are worth it . Works for both gun and crossbow.
These are mighty handy!! I have the Caldwell "Dead Shot" model. Basically the same critter. Works great for sighting in a crossbow or rifle, or where you don't have a regular bench. Fully adjustable. I give them an A+!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

These things will ruin you hunting in a pop-up blind!! Great for kids!! Great for anyone!! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
ghall6292

Post by ghall6292 »

5 lbs. doesn't sound too heavy. How small does it fold down for carrying in and out? Definitely not something you would want to leave in your blind, and hope it's still there upon your return.
curious

Post by curious »

ghall6292 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:46 am
5 lbs. doesn't sound too heavy. How small does it fold down for carrying in and out? Definitely not something you would want to leave in your blind, and hope it's still there upon your return.
It folds down to about 6"x6"x24" long and comes with a carry strap which i won't use. I just bungie it to my ATV rack.
Dr Stirrup Bumpers
Boo force 10 strings
ghall6292

Post by ghall6292 »

Thanks. FWIW, I AM my ATV rack. :(
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I use my Caldwell for a bow holder only I like to keep my CB at lap level so there is no excess movement . to use it for a ground blind shooting rest does not work for me to bulky if you have to change windows or move it . this way it keeps the bow off the ground and pointed in a safe manner . JMO
W.M.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Usually if I'm in a ground blind, there is ONLY one shooting lane. Mine are tucked in to the brush so tight a chickadee couldn't get by it!! :lol:

I'm NOT one of those that sticks a ground blind on the edge of a field with 180 degrees of view. Or in my opinion, even worse, 360 degrees of view. Kinda defeats the purpose in my opinion of having a well camouflaged ground blind. At that point is it really hidden anymore?? :wtf:

But to those who hunt from the ground wide open, I do see where a device such as a sled could be a bit awkward in a blind. But for those of us who close them in (the blinds) and look at a narrow field of fire... such a piece of machinery works like a charm. :thumbup:
Whether I'm in a tree stand or ground blind with a crossbow or a rifle, I use some type of device to support and or brace what ever type of weapon I am shooting. Nearly ALL my rifles wear a Harris bipod of some configuration.
I found out thru my life's experiences that it only takes a small deviation at the sight picture to make a big miss at the target.

The rantings of an Old East Texas Hillbilly Redneck!! :lol: :lol:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
janesy

Post by janesy »

They were on sale at BullseyeNorth last weekend for 89Can.
Thought about getting one, but I got a Badland turkey vest instead.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
curious

Post by curious »

janesy wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:05 pm
They were on sale at BullseyeNorth last weekend for 89Can.
Thought about getting one, but I got a Badland turkey vest instead.
That's where I bought it, too good a deal to pass up :thumbup:
Dr Stirrup Bumpers
Boo force 10 strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

Good score!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD