Re-Sighting In

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rattlerun

Re-Sighting In

Post by rattlerun »

Weather here in Michigan got nice out, so I pulled out my M380 to do some shooting this past weekend. I had the bow zeroed in last fall and could shoot a 3 inch group at 50 yards. Now it shoots a little high and right so I played with the scope instead of the speed ring, and now it shoots great. My question now is when I move the target to say 20 yards, if it shoots high or low, can I just use speed ring, and if so, still speed up if it is high and speed down if it is low? Or just start over at 20 yards and then to 50?
W.Miguire

Re: Re-Sighting In

Post by W.Miguire »

If it were me I would start at 20 and go out to 50 . Set up at 20 [dead on ] and move to 40 and then with your 20 yrd. pin [ you will need a long target for this ] put a dot on the top of your target and shoot the 20 ydr. pin at the dot the arrow will arc on you target face . if three arrows hit the same spot thats where you set you 40 ydr. pin . you do this by holding your 20yrd. pin on the top dot and move your speed ring to the spot where your arrow hit . thats how you set up your scope to your speed ring. i hope you under stand this . good luck
W.M.
rattlerun

Post by rattlerun »

That’s what I’ve done for years. Just thought I could speed things up by going in reverse.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

W.Miguire wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:41 pm
If it were me I would start at 20 and go out to 50 . Set up at 20 [dead on ] and move to 40 and then with your 20 yrd. pin [ you will need a long target for this ] put a dot on the top of your target and shoot the 20 ydr. pin at the dot the arrow will arc on you target face . if three arrows hit the same spot thats where you set you 40 ydr. pin . you do this by holding your 20yrd. pin on the top dot and move your speed ring to the spot where your arrow hit . thats how you set up your scope to your speed ring. i hope you under stand this . good luck
W.M.
No shortcuts if you're planning on shooting an animal of any species. It's fun, and great trigger time, I don't look at it any other way. :eusa-snooty:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

rattlerun wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:58 am
Weather here in Michigan got nice out, so I pulled out my M380 to do some shooting this past weekend. I had the bow zeroed in last fall and could shoot a 3 inch group at 50 yards. Now it shoots a little high and right so I played with the scope instead of the speed ring, and now it shoots great. My question now is when I move the target to say 20 yards, if it shoots high or low, can I just use speed ring, and if so, still speed up if it is high and speed down if it is low? Or just start over at 20 yards and then to 50?
The center reticle mark, in the center of the lens (likely your 20 yard zero) will not move when you move the speed ring. So you have to zero that using the turrets, then go to the longer distance where you can use the speed ring because the reticle are not on the center of the lens. I hope that makes sense.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><