Nice weather

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Nice weather

Post by BrotherRon »

Been pretty nice here in Wisconsin the past week. Most of the snow is gone here, but about 2 foot in the woods around our cabin yet. Spent the past couple days there and plan on taking my crossbow next trip there. Gonna have to wait for the frost to go out and things to dry up before I can make it up the hill to the cabin though - so will have to park in the driveway and use my wagon to haul food and stuff about 100 yards up the hill. We had some white pine harvested off the family plot (20 acres) and one brother in-law had 80 acres select harvested so should be good for the deer population.
I had a trap out red squirrels and heard some noise last night but couldn't see anything...
this morning I found a snowshoe rabbit with his front feet in the trap. Had to shoot it with the pellet gun to put it out of it's misery :cry:
Snow has melted off my shooting table and can't wait to do a little target shooting as long as we don't get another couple feet of snow.
But it is only March :eusa-pray:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Hatchet

Re: Nice weather

Post by Hatchet »

It's supposed to be 50 degrees here in Maine today. We tapped maple trees a week ago during a warm spell and then it got cold again. But the sap should run today because I have water running down the driveway. Hoping to do a little shooting with my daughters this afternoon. Wont be long and we'll be setting up blinds and digging out the decoys. I can almost smell the turkey tenders frying in the pan.
Yes sir Brother Ron this is some nice weather.
Hatchet
AJ01

Re: Nice weather

Post by AJ01 »

In the 70's here in East Texas, actually 77 today. Been out clearing a piece of property today. Just called it "quits" for the day. Back at it tomorrow!!
Has been nice all week. I think we have a shower in the forecast for Sunday and Wednesday. Highs in the upper 60's to low 70's for the next 10 days.
Pretty soon it'll be time to go hunt White Bass and Crappie!!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!