Granpa's new toy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cardinalsfanforever

Granpa's new toy

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

my son has had this boat 20 yrs. been setting too much since he now has a family. he kept telling me to take it fishing. up until I semi retired I was to busy also. last year I brought it home and got the motor running but the pull starting was too much for my shoulders. replaced with a new electric start today[imghttps://i.posti]mg.cc/mrm30bb9/IMG-1806.jpg[/img. surprising the only 25 hp 4 stroke I could find as they are backordered everywhere.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
DuckHunt

Re: Granpa's new toy

Post by DuckHunt »

There you go...

It looks like all you need to do is add water. :thumbup:

I noticed the shortage last summer. My Dad gave me another boat with a well worn 2000 model 25hp Johnson. He said the motor would be good trade in material. I've been looking for a Yamaha 25hp, but I'm finding the same issue. The one dealership I reached said they could put my name on a waiting list. All of the ones they have on order are already sold. Thanks COVID.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

Very cool! We have a Suzuki outboard in the family. So far it's been a great motor
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

I try to buy local but he said 8 weeks and that's not a promise so I went about 50 mi. away and was lucky to find it. they had a long shaft but I need a short shaft, so they put the long shaft in showroom yesterday, I saw a sold tag on it today. a couple other dealers I checked with a couple dealers little farther away, were sold out also.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/yDfGW1YW]Image
Congratulations l hope it's dependable for you the honda ,suzuki and yamaha motors are very reliable. loving my little tuffy bass boat a lot.
Extremely stable and very fun...25 mph on a 9.9 lol.
I have a order in for a 20 hp.honda on backorder.
Boating goods are in short supply....especially motors.
Last edited by longbow joe on Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/HrLSqq4m]Image
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Very nice. Always been a Yammy guy myself but that being said only ever hear good things about the Suzukis. Have fun. Still waiting for ice out in my part of the world but should be soon - which is actually about a month early this year. Last year was April 27, year before that was May 14th.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Sometimes it's best just to go with your local dealer it's very important to get parts and service all the Japanese outboards are great.
I had some great evinrude motors over the years it's a shame about them. Now I'm a big fan of my Hondas never an issue with them .