New awesome toy!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

New awesome toy!

Post by janesy »

Just received this new Milwaukee M12 Hatchet Chainsaw!
This is a complete game changer for cutting trails and setting up blinds. Just got it the other day and had a chance to knock down a few 2.5"-3" trees and thinned out about 50' of cedar hedge. This little beast didn't skip a beat, and showed absolutely ZERO vibration!
I'm confident that with the 6.0Amp hyper battery this thing will last all weekend of setting up stands and clearing lanes.

With a hyper battery it probably weights 5 pounds. Was super easy to one hand, but was smoother with 2.

I'm impressed! Its a little pricey, but it utilizes all of Milwaukee's higher end options as standard.

If you don't want to lug around your chainsaw and tell everyone where your blind is... Check this thing out.

Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
ihunt

Re: New awesome toy!

Post by ihunt »

Don’t you love new toys :thumbup:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Boo

Post by Boo »

Nice! I bought one the pro Sthil battery operated chain saws a couple of years ago and haven't used my gas chain saw since. Milwalkee cordless tools rule! :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

That's cool thanks for sharing
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

You just gotta love the ease of operation on those little guys!! I have a small Stihl with an 8 inch bar for trimming small limbs and brush. :thumbup:

However at times a SAW is needed. A REAL saw!! :wink:

Got this P-40 Pioneer back in the day. 1974 I believe. It's a BEAST.
I actually haven't used this thing in years! It weighs as much as a bus!!
I have a Husky 455 when I need to cut down a tree or cut firewood.
A Stihl pole saw for high limb removal.
I like stuff that makes noise!!! :lol: :lol:

The battery powered jobs fill a nice niche' in the market. There are some very good ones out there!!
Congrats Chris on the "new toy"!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:15 am
You just gotta love the ease of operation on those little guys!! I have a small Stihl with an 8 inch bar for trimming small limbs and brush. :thumbup:

The battery powered jobs fill a nice niche' in the market. There are some very good ones out there!!

AJ
That is quite the beast AJ! LOL! Reminds me of a Remington my inlaws had. Must of weighed 30 lbs! I can guess that the saw in the picture had no roller nose :lol: :lol: :lol: but I don't see a plunger pump for oil lubrication! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've cut a whack of trees in my lifetime for fire wood and a pulp and paper operation. While I only got cut once I've seen too many serious accidents. Chain saws are the most dangerous tool in existence but only because it's the one tool that enables idiots. Yes, I was an idiot once! :shh: Newer chain saws are soo much more safe than the beasts of yesteryear :eusa-naughty:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:25 am
AJ01 wrote:

AJ
That is quite the beast AJ! LOL! Reminds me of a Remington my inlaws had. Must of weighed 30 lbs! I can guess that the saw in the picture had no roller nose :lol: :lol: :lol: but I don't see a plunger pump for oil lubrication! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've cut a whack of trees in my lifetime for fire wood and a pulp and paper operation. While I only got cut once I've seen too many serious accidents. Chain saws are the most dangerous tool in existence but only because it's the one tool that enables idiots. Yes, I was an idiot once! :shh: Newer chain saws are soo much more safe than the beasts of yesteryear :eusa-naughty:
Boo...I fully understand. Me and several buddies wanted to make some money one summer. My Dad wanted pasture land cleared for another hay field. So...he "hired" 4 high school boys to cut timber off the land. He bought me the saw pictured, plus he bought a 1959 Chevy that had been converted to a pulp wood hauler (no winch). We loaded every log by hand. :lol: :lol:

Needless to say by the time football season started we were tough as old boot leather!!
I was gonna sell the Old Beast, but every time I look at her I see my Dad and memories from my youth of friends who too are gone.
I reckon she'll just keep hanging in my shop. :wink:

Boo...just like you said, in the hands of fools and idiots, Chainsaws can be a very dangerous tool. They are best left to folks who sorta understand them and know what they are capable of doing.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:49 am
Boo wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:25 am
AJ01 wrote:

AJ
Boo...I fully understand. Me and several buddies wanted to make some money one summer. My Dad wanted pasture land cleared for another hay field. So...he "hired" 4 high school boys to cut timber off the land. He bought me the saw pictured, plus he bought a 1959 Chevy that had been converted to a pulp wood hauler (no winch). We loaded every log by hand. :lol: :lol:

Needless to say by the time football season started we were tough as old boot leather!!
I was gonna sell the Old Beast, but every time I look at her I see my Dad and memories from my youth of friends who too are gone.
I reckon she'll just keep hanging in my shop. :wink:

Boo...just like you said, in the hands of fools and idiots, Chainsaws can be a very dangerous tool. They are best left to folks who sorta understand them and know what they are capable of doing.
When I cut Jack Pines for a pulp and paper operation I wore cutting pants. In my private life I didn't :thumbdown: Needless to say I own cutting chaps, helmet and face screen now. :eusa-shifty: But they sure can get through cutting pants if you really mess up. I've seen a chain break and cut a slice through a helmet. Then there's the guys hand that he put up to block the bar as it came up from a kick back. Just like making arrows, the rules are pretty simple and if you don't follow them, the results aren't pretty. During a 2 week period we had 3 guys rushed to a hospital for serious cuts. Not good at all. It's serious shite!
Last edited by Boo on Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Nice!

That will come in handy to clear bear trails! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

nice chris.
i have had the Dewalt 20 volt max 12"er for a couple of years now aside from a little bar/chain oil leakage i love it
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

There was a man here in Ft. Worth that made gun stocks. He cut the walnut trees down, roughed them into blanks and then inlet and profiled them. One of his chain saws was OD Green and I guaranty it was WWII surplus. Either 10 or 12 hp, twin cyl. with a 5’ bar. A true beast! He had a saw mill set up with a diesel motor, a engage/ disengage lever and a circular saw blade as tall as I am.!! No guards on anything! Saw dust was far from dust, it was about palm of your hand size! When the lever went into the engage position, things happened!!!! It was amazing and scared the chit out of me at the same time.😁 the good ol days
janesy

Post by janesy »

Carnivorous wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:38 pm
Nice!

Short work on the lick'm sticks. And the pole saw for the high stuff too!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

janesy wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:38 pm
Carnivorous wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:38 pm
Nice!

Short work on the lick'm sticks. And the pole saw for the high stuff too!
I think we have everything covered this season clearing anything in the way up to 16 feet at least. Being 6'4" has an advantage here.
This new 10 foot STIHL pole saw is going to Temagami in May with us . Figure we'll work smarter , not harder.Image
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
lituani

Post by lituani »

AJ01 wrote:
I'm familiar with its cousin the Poulan 4200.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMXnlx-nC94

Was going to get my wife a DeWalt 12" electric chainsaw (so I could use it) but then realized what a dumb idea that would have been - letting her loose on the landscaping with a chainsaw is like...well, fill in whatever picture results in YOU getting alot more honey-do's.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

lituani wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:36 pm
AJ01 wrote:
I'm familiar with its cousin the Poulan 4200.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMXnlx-nC94

Was going to get my wife a DeWalt 12" electric chainsaw (so I could use it) but then realized what a dumb idea that would have been - letting her loose on the landscaping with a chainsaw is like...well, fill in whatever picture results in YOU getting alot more honey-do's.
Yes Sir....they do seem to "create" a lot of things for the Mrs. to go..."I need you to..." :lol: :wtf: :lol:

Ya just gotta like "Old Saws"!! :thumbup: :wink: