WITH ONLY 1219 DAYS TO GO RETIREMENT IS CALLING ME....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: WITH ONLY 1242 DAYS TO GO. PREPARATIONS HAVE BEGUN....

Post by amythntr »

.....With a mere 1242 days to go I had to make a decision between building on the new property, a daunting proposition considering today's building costs and, unforeseen overruns, and the probability that it wouldn't take shape for a couple of years or buy something that is already built :eusa-think: ....well an opportunity presented itself to buy a nice cabin at the end of the lake with a phenomenal view of the lake from the dock :shock: ....in fact the view from the property was featured a few years back in Better Homes and Gardens :eusa-dance:

.....the cabin has an excellent rental history and is, in fact rented for the summer months with the people leaving just in time for the family to have a place to stay for the hunting season, fall and early winter months...

.....a lot of boxes were checked off with this purchase including a place to store the "toys" needed to work the land.....

.....needless to say we are very happy.... :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance:

.....oh, I found out today that the cabin behind mine is owned by someone who I know and in fact did his income taxes a few years back.....what are the odds???? :eusa-think:

...I pray that the Lord keeps me healthy so that I will get the opportunity to enjoy the properties for many years to come! :eusa-pray:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Re: WITH ONLY 1247 DAYS TO GO. PREPARATIONS HAVE BEGUN....

Post by xcaliber »

Hey Anthony, can I PayPal you ten bucks for the Mega Millions Friday? :eusa-popcorn:

So happy to read this Anthony, get your checkups, even the ones we don't like! :eusa-hand: Long Happy Life to you Sir! :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:03 pm
Hey Anthony, can I PayPal you ten bucks for the Mega Millions Friday? :eusa-popcorn:

So happy to read this Anthony, get your checkups, even the ones we don't like! :eusa-hand: Long Happy Life to you Sir! :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance:
....thank you Dan....hoping to get together when you cross through The People's Republic of New York and Jersey! :thumbup:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Congrats Anthony. By the sounds of it, unless you won the lottery, the accounting business must be profitable. You say that building would have been a costly and daunting task, yet you've be able to acquire something pre-build. and another property. :?
It seem like you got all of the benefits without the complication and worries. Good for you ! :eusa-clap:

I suppose with the cabin all ready to go, we can expect an invitation sooner rather than later. :wink:

Just wondering who'll invite us first you, or Dan who's building a new deck? 8)
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
grouse

Post by grouse »

This is going to be life changing in a good way. Now, instead of getting up super early and driving in the dark for a distance, you are going to sleep later in a comfortable bed and get up in just enough time to get to your stand before daylight. You also now have the option to put up permanent stands. I recommend a tripod stand with a 360 degree swivel seat and an all around shooting rail. When you hang a camo tarp from the rail you become about 75% invisible from the ground. Nothing can sneak up on you from behind because you can quickly face any direction.

You'll figure out what works best for you and it will be good. I'm really happy for you and I look forward to reading your accounts of the adventures that are coming.
axiom
350 SE
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

grouse wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:57 am
This is going to be life changing in a good way. Now, instead of getting up super early and driving in the dark for a distance, you are going to sleep later in a comfortable bed and get up in just enough time to get to your stand before daylight. You also now have the option to put up permanent stands. I recommend a tripod stand with a 360 degree swivel seat and an all around shooting rail. When you hang a camo tarp from the rail you become about 75% invisible from the ground. Nothing can sneak up on you from behind because you can quickly face any direction.

You'll figure out what works best for you and it will be good. I'm really happy for you and I look forward to reading your accounts of the adventures that are coming.
....the only thing that does not apply to me is I work 1.50 miles from my home....I do get up super early but that is because it is tax season! :cry:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I've been looking at this all wrong. I always thought of "Tax Season" as something like a special, annual, season, something like having kidney stones once a year at about the same time each year.

By golly, it's actually something nice. Look what it's done for Anthony!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Hi5 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:57 am
I've been looking at this all wrong. I always thought of "Tax Season" as something like a special, annual, season, something like having kidney stones once a year at about the same time each year.

Stop making fun, jealousy won't get you anywhere. :P

Seriously, everything in life has to be earned, there are no free rides!
Anthony, like anyone else who has achieved anything in life, has worked hard and has earned and is reaping his just rewards. Once again, all fun aside, I sincerely congratulate him. Well done Anthony. :clap:
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Hi5 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:57 am

....as I have recently stated to someone else........I invite you to spend eight to 10 years in college and graduate school, study and pass a grueling 19.5 hour exam, put in 40+ years of living "doggy years," as we have absolutely no life 4-5 months of the year while working 18 hours a day....I once divided my salary by the number of hours I work and my hourly wage comes somewhere a little higher than a McDonald's worker....not to mention all of the stress associated with the profession, regulatory, Congress, the Internal Revenue Service and State Taxing Agencies...well, if you were to do all of that then maybe, just maybe you can rub some nickels together to do what I have done, not for me, but to create memories for my kids and grandkids.....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Anthony there shouldn't be a need to explain. :!:
Those of us who have been there and done that, know the deal. Those that don't, have a lot to learn. :roll:
Life is what one makes of it. It's not how much one earns, but how much one gets to keep. :idea:
Without sacrifices, one does not get too far in life. I admire anyone who is willing and able to do what it takes to get to where they would like to be. :thumbup:
To those who only envy them, I say, walk a mile in their shoes before you speak. :!: :!:

AMEN ! :!: :!:
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

amythntr

Re: WITH ONLY 1224 DAYS TO GO. PREPARATIONS HAVE BEGUN....

Post by amythntr »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:27 pm
.....first of all I have enjoyed my respite away from the forum....I am loving the CB's I own and look forward to getting out and turkey hunt in a couple of weeks....

.....with a mere 1283 days till full retirement I have taken the 1st step to an enjoyable retirement of hunting and fishing.....

.....we are about to close on 137 acres of prime hunting and trout fishing property in Roscoe, NY....I have a trout stream cutting through the property and I will own part of and have access to a lake across the street.....the property also has an artesian well for fresh water, crab apple trees and native blueberries....deer and turkey sign are all over the property!

.....can't wait to hunt this coming season with the boys and the family.....

....as Luke Bryan best sang in his song, "hunting, fishing and loving every day!"

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:27 pm
.....first of all I have enjoyed my respite away from the forum....I am loving the CB's I own and look forward to getting out and turkey hunt in a couple of weeks....

.....with a mere 1283 days till full retirement I have taken the 1st step to an enjoyable retirement of hunting and fishing.....

.....we are about to close on 137 acres of prime hunting and trout fishing property in Roscoe, NY....I have a trout stream cutting through the property and I will own part of and have access to a lake across the street.....the property also has an artesian well for fresh water, crab apple trees and native blueberries....deer and turkey sign are all over the property!

.....can't wait to hunt this coming season with the boys and the family.....

....as Luke Bryan best sang in his song, "hunting, fishing and loving every day!"

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

…. Update 6/10/21

A week or so ago we closed on a 3 bedroom, lakefront cabin at the other end of the lake….about 8/10’s of a mile from the first piece….we are absolutely ecstatic….fortunately or unfortunately the cabin has a great rental history and is pretty much rented until 9/16….

….spent last weekend resurfacing the dock, changing top and benches on the picnic table and opening up the area to provide even a more spectacular view of the lake.

….I had a doe outside the ki tc hen window on Saturday and my son Anthony took
my granddaughter for a ride on the Kubota up through the hunting property and had 4 deer standing by the old cabin….2 of them were bucks….I am also told that there is great bear hunting in the area….

…..we feel extremely blessed and the best part is to see the smile on everyone’s face.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Anthony, I'm happy for you. :eusa-dance:
If you feel the way I did when I got my property a few years ago, I can just imagine your delight. Like your land, my property is home to deer and bear. It also has rabbits and turkeys, but best of all, it also has a family of Elk. Life is good.

Here's hoping that you and your family enjoy your piece of heaven as much as do mine. :thumbup:

ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

…..nice images for sure Lou….I hear your elk family are making it down to my property!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings