Was one of them great spring days yesterday

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Was one of them great spring days yesterday

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/kBLn3NWS]Image
Was driving near my turkey hunting grounds yesterday for work and saw some good signs....l mouth clucked and he was answering back every time.
Last edited by longbow joe on Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Re: Was one of them great spring days yesterday

Post by longbow joe »

So l got done work early and headed out to the bass waters and had an awesome non stop lunker afternoon with many turkeys heard on the shore gobbling...it was a great day.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/94FgLKzY]Image
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/FkjxrV7K]Image
Ended up getting 8 bass over 5 pounds biggest was 6.7 thank you lord! Fishing and archery hunting never get old its kinda cool that we only have a few months of both that's why it doesn't get old!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/sGXZ8P78]Image
Telling myself to calm down we got a few weeks left..
grouse

Post by grouse »

Wow! A great time to be alive. Our turkey season opens Monday morning. The weather looks like it's going to be cold - lows in the thirties and highs in the 40s and 50s most of the week with rain most days. The turkeys will still be there but whether they gobble remains to be seen. Fishing will probably be slow but we'll see.
axiom
350 SE
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Nothin like a day of rippin fish lips and listening to the turkeys gobble is there Joe? Glad to see that spring is finally here....
Except for a little bit of cold and snowy weather in our forecast.
Good luck to everyone in your spring endeavors.
Take care
Hatchet
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

White Bass (Sandies) are running up the creeks and rivers here in East Texas!!
Road Runners of assorted colors will fire them up!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Them white bass are fun AJ they put up a fight.....love the shirt 👕.
Now today it's gotten cold and it's gonna throw the fishing for a dive for a few days it's gonna be household chore boy for me maby I'm gonna get out and shoot the crossbow for practice now that l have motivation.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

longbow joe wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:02 pm
Them white bass are fun AJ they put up a fight.....love the shirt 👕.
Now today it's gotten cold and it's gonna throw the fishing for a dive for a few days it's gonna be household chore boy for me maby I'm gonna get out and shoot the crossbow for practice now that l have motivation.
Same here Joe...Been cold and rainy all stinking day!! Was 80 degrees yesterday, 52 today!! Needed to mow today. Needed to work in the garden. Neither got done!! :lol:
Did manage to order a new Stihl BR 800-C from my local Stihl dealer. Supposed to be here Monday!! Can't wait to use that thing!! I'll post some picks when I get it!!
I get LOTS of Oak and Sweetgum leaves in the fall, not to mention Pine needles everywhere!! Got tired of raking and my small blower just couldn't handle the job!!
I also take care of my 84 year old neighbors property. Her husband passed away about 10 years ago and her place next to me is about 5 acres. Keeps me active to say the least!! :lol: :lol:
My wife says it keeps me out of trouble!! :wink:
We will see how the new blower works!!

Take Care!!
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....here in T.P.R.of N.J. it took just about a full week to get anudda nice sunny day....temps should be moderating again....makes one long to blow the cob webs off of the CB harem and get out to do some shootin! Fear not however. Soon these nice spring days will turn into the sweltering heat of the summer which will then bring upon the longing of yet anuuda opening day in "them there deer woods!"
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:44 pm

I always pictured Tommy Lee Jones from No Country For Old Men when I read your post Andy. I was pretty close! :wave:

Nice Bass :thumbup:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:11 am
AJ01 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:44 pm

I always pictured Tommy Lee Jones from No Country For Old Men when I read your post Andy. I was pretty close! :wave:

Nice Bass :thumbup:
Well...Tommy Lee is another Texas boy, so... :lol: :lol: "Woodrow Call" from Lonesome Dove was one of my favorite characters ever!! :lol: :lol: Him and Duvall were perfect for that pair of Rangers.
And BTW...I'll take that as a compliment!! :wink: :lol: :wave:

Also...lots of "miles" on that mug of mine!! :lol: :lol: