FOR THOSE WHO EXCAL CB HUNT IN T.P.R. OF NEW YORK

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Re: FOR THOSE WHO EXCAL CB HUNT IN T.P.R. OF NEW YORK

Post by DuckHunt »

Good choice!

I ended up with my Matrix 350 under similar circumstances after WV passed full inclusion with an ill-conceived 18" minimum arrow length limit. I wasn't about to buy 18" arrows for my Micro just to hunt here.

In my case, I ended up bagging two 8-pt bucks with the Matrix 350 the first season I hunted with it, albeit both killed over the mountain in Virginia. After one season with the new bow, they changed the law to 16" and last year I legally hunted with a crossbow in WV for the first time happily carrying a Micro.

Hopefully you have similar luck with your new bow on your new property while your waiting for the laws to catch up.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
lituani

Post by lituani »

I have a friend with similar quandary in Michigan for late muzzleloader season in December. He didn't own a muzzleloader, and any modern ML worth owning would outshoot any shotgun. He traveled into the woods with the 20ga, but kept a borrowed POS muzzleloader in the vehicle. Both make the same hole, so who's to know.
janesy

Post by janesy »

lituani wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:32 pm
I have a friend with similar quandary in Michigan for late muzzleloader season in December. He didn't own a muzzleloader, and any modern ML worth owning would outshoot any shotgun. He traveled into the woods with the 20ga, but kept a borrowed POS muzzleloader in the vehicle. Both make the same hole, so who's to know.
They will catch up to him, and it'll cost a lot more than a muzzleloader.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

When I hunt my own 50 acres I use my Axe. On state land (right next door) I use a Matrix 310 with a forward swept riser. Of course both bows are devoid of shiny stickers. Join the NYCC and soon we can get the laws changed so that the DEC decides the hunting regulations and not dumbass bureaucrats in Albany.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

janesy wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:54 pm
lituani wrote:
Right. They will take the deer, the shotgun, the POS muzzeloader, and maybe even the truck. But to be nice they will give him a fine to take home. And he probably won't have to worry about hunting in MI for 5 to 10 years so he'll have ample time to find a good deal on a ML
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

nchunterkw wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:55 pm
janesy wrote:
lituani wrote:
Right. They will take the deer, the shotgun, the POS muzzeloader, and maybe even the truck. But to be nice they will give him a fine to take home. And he probably won't have to worry about hunting in MI for 5 to 10 years so he'll have ample time to find a good deal on a ML
....as the last verse in the Book of Judges (V 21:25) so aptly says, "....“In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes".... :shock:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
lituani

Post by lituani »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:30 am
nchunterkw wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:55 pm
janesy wrote:

....as the last verse in the Book of Judges (V 21:25) so aptly says, "....“In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes".... :shock:
Yep, had that conversation. Not everybody views regulations through the same lense of right & wrong. Hunting regs are MUCH more black & white and more strictly enforced than "eight you skate, nine you're mine".
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
lituani wrote:
This is a true story, not precise to last detail as my memory is NOT what it once was. Anyway, I'm hunting all day, with a late breakfast / early dinner warm up & eats in the truck with my cousin's husband. ML season, Dec 9th I think it were. We walked into the woods exactly as we left for the break, and about 600 yards off the main road we come upon a dressed out doe. Hmm, we didn't see anyone at the lot, twas empty. We hunted until dark, we did not kill a deer. On our walk out with our flashlights going BOOM we got hit in the face with a spot light. DNR says turn off our lights and sit down. In the dark he says he busted one poacher and his partner had him locked down in the lot, but his BUDDY was in the woods. About 15 minutes later he gets the call all clear, second suspect apprehended. We walk out with the ranger, and there are two guys in cuffs with three doe in the back of the truck, and two tags between them. They told the second guy that was dragging the third doe out when busted that they were going to confiscate everything, including his vehicle, which was a newer Ford Big ass 4X4. Anyway, he was crying like a little girl, and we were freaking out a bit too, and like a couple good DNR boys that they were, they checked to make sure we popped our caps off our muzzle loaders before we got off the road, 15 minutes earlier with the crap still in our pants. We did when we got out of our stands, which is the law, no loaded guns after legal hours.

Don't think you can pull one over on these guys, I have three run ins and nothing gets past them. Do it right, or just don't do it.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:30 am
Anthony it's simple....contact one of the Game Wardens in your area and ask him point blank the questions you would ask one of us!!
AJ
There is the best advice in this whole thread. If he says a 310 is ok, then ask him for a letter to carry with you that it is ok. Bowfishing and shooting from a moving boat is allowed, I carry a letter stating that because the police think it is not legal. Police here feel bowfishing is hunting, and they do not think about it being in fishing regulations and exempt from the shooting from a moving vehicle law (not written in either regulations specifically about shooting from a moving boat). Not a lot of fun being in handcuffs and locked in a police cruiser for an hour till they figure things out what you tell them the law is. :) CHEERS!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings