eclipse xt. what crank?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jiminpa

eclipse xt. what crank?

Post by jiminpa »

or am i gonna have to get a new bow? dr says i got a frozen shoulder thanks to diabetes. hard to cock with the rope.
us air force vet. 14 years civil engineer.
Boo

Re: eclipse xt. what crank?

Post by Boo »

You'll want to use the C2 crank https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/bowtech_tech/c2-crank-cocking-aid/
With a bit of modification, you can use the more modern Charger but considering you have a particularly nice model, I doubt you'd use it.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Your Eclipse XT is pretty much identical to the Vortex except for color. Like Boo says a C2 will go right on without modification. I did the mods on my Vortex to fit the Charger EXT, the first mod being drilling 2 small holes in the stock to accept the bracket. The 2nd mod is to replace the cord with a longer one.
327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelsquad wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 am
Your Eclipse XT is pretty much identical to the Vortex except for color. Like Boo says a C2 will go right on without modification. I did the mods on my Vortex to fit the Charger EXT, the first mod being drilling 2 small holes in the stock to accept the bracket. The 2nd mod is to replace the cord with a longer one.
Tyler, I haven't installed a Charger on an Exo series bow but Danny told me that there's a bit of grinding to do on the stock. Not true?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Boo wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:12 am
wheelsquad wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 am
Tyler, I haven't installed a Charger on an Exo series bow but Danny told me that there's a bit of grinding to do on the stock. Not true?
I have done the mod on a Vortex, Axiom, and Matrix Sapphire stock and none of those needed any grinding. Maybe I just got lucky?? :eusa-think:
327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360