ihunt

Re: E Bikes For Hunting

Post by ihunt »

Hillcountry wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:49 am
ihunt wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:36 am
How are they in deep mud?
I don’t really have any mud…just a couple brooks to traverse. BUT that’s why I like the Rungu Duallie…check them out! The twin front wheels (one rear) gives more stability in shifty conditions like mud/sand/snow. Hopefully the prices will be coming down after this woohanflu is settled.
Thanks sure will check them out.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

Got the Lectric XP for $800 last year. Best thing I ever purchased besides my TD420. Got the Rambo cart and made an attachment for the rear carrier. So easy taking out deer and even ladder stands. I cover it with a Canon tarp while hunting. The bike folds in 1/2 so I can put it in the back seat.
figam

Post by figam »

Used one once. Could not get on it without help. It had no place to carry a bow , backpack or anything. It was cold out and my hunting clothes prevented me from getting my leg over the "boys" bar. Started off and quickly returned as I realized no help would be available to come back. Love the concept just be sure to check and make sure it is rigged right for your needs. 75year old with 3 major back surgeries unable to bend and twist. thought it was my "life" saver. don't think so now.
Steve Gardner
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

figam wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:18 pm
Used one once. Could not get on it without help. It had no place to carry a bow , backpack or anything. It was cold out and my hunting clothes prevented me from getting my leg over the "boys" bar. Started off and quickly returned as I realized no help would be available to come back. Love the concept just be sure to check and make sure it is rigged right for your needs. 75year old with 3 major back surgeries unable to bend and twist. thought it was my "life" saver. don't think so now.
Yeah…not for everyone apparently…it’s still a “bicycle” after all.
Perhaps one of the smaller scooter types or 3-4 wheelers would work better for your situation? There are ebikes out there that are really small all terrain scooters without pedals…just pure battery power. The brands don’t come to mind at the moment but if you look at YouTube long enough, you will find them. Good luck!
Just looked one up…check out the UBCO…no pedaling and low to the ground. Pricey but maybe a solution for you?
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
outdoorsman

Post by outdoorsman »

I use a ezgo electric golf cart with a 6” lift kit best thing ever. I have driven up on 2 does so far
Very happy with it for deer hunting
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Just found out there is an UBCO ebike dealer a short ways away from me…going to check them out on the first of July.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

venison wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:28 am
I personally owned three electric bikes ...I use for hunting the other one I use for the road. I have one with a 26 x 4” tire and tows deer out like a quad the other one has 20 inch tires 4 inches wide as the mid drive motor with 750 want hub motor and I use a Crawler dear cart ...I literally put my bike within 50 yards of my stand and deer walk right by it they have no idea it’s there or you’re coming they stand there and look at you.I have Benefited by just carrying all my stuff in the woods all at once I can throw three blinds to stands on it and within a couple hours be all set up the deer crawler car is the way to go with the four wheels it’s more stable and easy to pull out and I’ve hauled numerous deer out with it I went with a step through 20 inch rad runner and built it myself with the mid drive motor totally has enough power to pull anything..I’ve been using electric bikes for 7 years now love it no scent on the ground great for scouting to game changer for me ..
I would like to hear more about your build.
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

1 Corinthians 13:4-7