How many broadheads?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

How many broadheads?

Post by DuckHunt »

How many broadheads are too many? I'm always on the look out for a good deal on the broadheads that I hunt with regularly. I got an update from eBay last week after someone posted some for sale that met my price target, so click-click and they'll be here tomorrow. Then I got to wondering, just exactly how many broadheads do I have on hand?

Mind you that I'm generally in a target rich environment. Last year was a fluke and I only sent three broadheads down range, two of which resulted in venison. But I have been known to loose more than a half dozen broadheads per season and I'm sure there have been a couple double-digit seasons with varmints and turkey opportunities. Squirrel blunts don't count, I'm just talking sharp objects. And with all the rocks and boulders in and on the soil around here, very few broadheads I fire are reusable. Maybe 1 in 5 if I'm lucky.

Well I broke open the double decker binned storage container and got to counting. My inventory of new/unused has 11 different models of broadheads. Six types of fixed heads and five types of mechanical heads. In total, I have 51 broadheads awaiting their turn. :shock: Add to that another 14 sets of replacement blades, and I'm beginning to think its time to turn a blind eye to the broadhead market for a few years.

Does anyone else have this affliction?
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
janesy

Re: How many broadheads?

Post by janesy »

Nope, no idea what your talking about.

That's my wasp and innerloc case. I have a few packs of was drones still around some cause they are my favorite.
Bunch of SWATs and a pail of odds and sods. But otherwise, no, I don't know what affliction you're talking about.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Bcxbow wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:42 pm
:wave:
How many do you have Billy? :lol: gotta be a dozen by now.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

janesy wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:03 pm
Bcxbow wrote:
I would put it closer to a hunters dozen which is at least 20 times the case load you showed Chris :crazy: :lol: . I have heads in containers that I haven't even looked at since 1980 (some still brand new in the package) but I'm still in search of "the perfect broadhead". I never throw one away because they all have a story of either what went right............or wrong. Another bad habit of mine is that I never buy just one package on my first order :crazy:

DH
Don't feel bad because you still have time to catch up. :lol:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

I can manage 4 different brands, 2 or 3 pks each.

I go thru my archery stuff often enough to downsize, especially items I haven't used in several yrs.

Not an easy task ! Lol
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have tried many over the years, and have a vast supply that i rather not count. I'll admit I'm a junkie, but since trying the SWAT heads I think I have something to stick with. Being a junkie, I have too many too count right now, the wife is in the den with me! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

What about the G5 deadmeat
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
RobD

Post by RobD »

I have 2 packs each of the 3 mechanicals (X-Act 100gr, Trailblazer 100gr & Trailblazer 125gr) and 3 packs of fixed (Ser-Razor 125gr). I sold all my Boltcutters with my 360TD last week.

I'm stocking light until Billy figures out the perfect broadhead. Then he'll tell me what it is and I'll buy those. PS - Billy, check my signature, I bought a new toy...
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Same affliction here but I've been trying to whittle it down. I'll buy a 3 pack, shoot 2 of them then have 1 left over. Rinse and repeat. Every year I say I'm gonna use up those "singles" but I never do. And now that I'm getting into traditional archery with my recurve....it's all starting again but not only with broadheads, but inserts weights, feathers, on and on. So many combos to mess with.....

Now if you want to talk pistol ammo..............well all mine went down with the guns in the boating accident.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

RobD wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:39 am
I have 2 packs each of the 3 mechanicals (X-Act 100gr, Trailblazer 100gr & Trailblazer 125gr) and 3 packs of fixed (Ser-Razor 125gr). I sold all my Boltcutters with my 360TD last week.

I'm stocking light until Billy figures out the perfect broadhead. Then he'll tell me what it is and I'll buy those. PS - Billy, check my signature, I bought a new toy...
Very cool on the suppressor TD Rob :thumbup: , I'm happy with my bows for the moment :think: :lol:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
RobD

Post by RobD »

nchunterkw wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:39 am
Now if you want to talk pistol ammo..............well all mine went down with the guns in the boating accident.
I know! My pond's water level rose by almost a foot. And they said water levels were going to be down this year in Michigan. :?:
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I NEVER buy broadheads!! :eusa-liar: :eusa-liar:

If you don't count them then they not really there!!! And if I turn on the "Klingon Cloaking Device", no one can see them either!!! :lol: :lol:

That's all I'm going to say on the subject!!! You guys with your addictions!!! :eusa-whistle: :lol:

and BTW....it's all Billy's fault!!! :eusa-doh: :shock: He's the "gang leader"!!!! :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:51 am

If you don't count them then they not really there!!! And if I turn on the "Klingon Cloaking Device", no one can see them either!!! :lol: :lol:

That's all I'm going to say on the subject!!! You guys with your addictions!!! :eusa-whistle: :lol:

and BTW....it's all Billy's fault!!! :eusa-doh: :shock: He's the "gang leader"!!!! :lol: :lol:
I can own that Andy :lol: I found a couple of missle spike broadheads made in the early 70's last night while i was plundering for something else :crazy:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Bcxbow wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:12 am
AJ01 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:51 am

I can own that Andy :lol: I found a couple of missle spike broadheads made in the early 70's last night while i was plundering for something else :crazy:
Honestly I’m afraid to even look! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Bcxbow wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:21 pm
janesy wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:03 pm
Bcxbow wrote:
I would put it closer to a hunters dozen which is at least 20 times the case load you showed Chris :crazy: :lol: . I have heads in containers that I haven't even looked at since 1980 (some still brand new in the package) but I'm still in search of "the perfect broadhead". I never throw one away because they all have a story of either what went right............or wrong. Another bad habit of mine is that I never buy just one package on my first order :crazy:

DH
Don't feel bad because you still have time to catch up. :lol:
Billy, you are not alone. I can't help but want a better broadhead and I want to see and shoot a broadhead before hunting with it. So far I am super happy with Swat broadheads. I do own a crazy number of different broadheads and its almost embarrassing.
Some people just like stepping on rakes