Many Question One Answer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerslayr

Many Question One Answer

Post by deerslayr »

I am in disbelief after hearing the news about what happened in Wisconsin. This is why I never go into the woods unarmed even just to scout. I always wear my sidearm. The biggest thing that scares me is to walk into a meth lab or gorilla pot farm. There are many many questions to this tragic story but there is only one answer……HANG HIM!
If you can't take a good shot, don't take a shot.

Dan R.
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

I feel the same. It's amasing what some people will do in such a shameless dispute over a treestand. Such a shame. My heart goes out to all the families of the victoms.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
CaptainCharles

Post by CaptainCharles »

It is illegal to carry a handgun while deer hunting here in the People's Republic of Maryland. But after reading this story, and knowing how people tresspass around here, I will be hunting the Firearms opener with Mr. Smith and Wesson with me.

I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six.
"The American Dream is having your name on a weapon!" - Ted Nugent
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I always carry a shotgun when venturing into the woods for a walk or scouting outside of deer and moose season (then I carry a rifle or bow). A small game permit allows me to do this. There is always something "in season" throughout the year. i.e. crows, ground hogs, etc. So carrying one doesn't become a legal issue.

Up close and personal, there's nothing quicker and more effective than a load of buckshot to stop pretty well anything that can be of danger in our eastern woods.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
shootone

Post by shootone »

The intersting thing here is: one person shooting at a group of deer hunters, didnt anyone of them shoot back ?? Certainly one of them should have good aim ?? Did the alleged shooter get hit ??
Shootone.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

My heart felt prayers go out to the families of the deceased. I also feel sorry for the friends, family and other people of that desent. I would think hunting for that nationality in those parts are over.

Yes!! I always carry a sawed off shotgun with pistol grip on my back or on my Quad when I'm in the bush. But this is for bears, cougars and other dangerous animals that might lurk, not some maniac with a attitude.

Grey Owl