Pro shot or triggertec

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Pro shot or triggertec

Post by longbow joe »

I am the proud owner of a "new" y25 relayer ....yep had to copy that cool guy dan on this forum.
Actually it was pure coincidence a friend tipped me on an estate sale and it was a done deal,along with a lot of cool other hunting stuff. ...basically the same kinda sale my wife would or will have when l bite the dust.
Anyway l want to honor the wooden wonder with a with a nice trigger any input on the pro shot would be appreciated l have a number of triggertecs on my bows but l would like to hear a comparison of somone who shot both .l have no experience with the pro shot.
I love the triggertec but after the "crappy " polished latches of the past l basically have no loyalty to them.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Re: Pro shot or triggertec

Post by janesy »

I no longer own any trigger techs. The last I had a was a beautiful 2 stage, but it sold with a bow in the winter time .

The ACP is slightly heavier on the higher pound bows, compared to the TT. But in my opinion the ACP beats the TT in all other regards.

I ran the trigger in many configurations, see below. Page 2 I ran two bows back to back in comparison.

https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69769&hilit=ACP+Pitbull
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hmmm. :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Whether or not it even fits in a relayer stock might be a deciding factor too. I have no idea

**Edit**. Excal says it fits
Last edited by janesy on Thu May 20, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:49 pm
Whether or not it even fits in a relayer stock might be a deciding factor too. I have no idea
:eusa-popcorn: :eusa-popcorn: :lol: :lol:
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

janesy wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:09 pm
I no longer own any trigger techs. The last I had a was a beautiful 2 stage, but it sold with a bow in the winter time .

The ACP is slightly heavier on the higher pound bows, compared to the TT. But in my opinion the ACP beats the TT in all other regards.

I ran the trigger in many configurations, see below. Page 2 I ran two bows back to back in comparison.

https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69769&hilit=ACP+Pitbull
Have you had to polish the claws on yours? We have 3 ACP's in the family, haven't polished any of the jaws yet and not sure I'll have to, don't have enough shots on them yet. I'm assuming they come apart just as easy as a standard trigger, correct?
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
janesy

Post by janesy »

wheelsquad wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:39 pm
janesy wrote:

Have you had to polish the claws on yours? We have 3 ACP's in the family, haven't polished any of the jaws yet and not sure I'll have to, don't have enough shots on them yet. I'm assuming they come apart just as easy as a standard trigger, correct?
No, not yet. I had one that was a very early release that was not easy on servings. But nothing likey TT was. I sent it back and the claws were updated to the latest design and it's been fine ever since. I had 3 ACP's, two TTs and a boo trigger. And I'm now down to the two ACPs. I'm also down to two bows lol.

I have never opened an ACP, and aside from the clear plastic display version at the ATA and pics,I have never seen inside one. One thing worth noting is the ACP is covered fully under warranty, so there is no real need to open one. Unless you are the kind of guy who just wants to see what's inside :wink:
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm going ACP. To my door, $157 USD from David at Wyverns, he says the standard should fit fine. More to come folks. I have the Vortex with the TT so a rail swap at the range may reveal something, but I like to shoot my chosen baby close to the season. I hear this trigger on the #200 models is like butta! :lol: :lol:
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

janesy wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 4:14 pm
wheelsquad wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:39 pm
janesy wrote:

No, not yet. I had one that was a very early release that was not easy on servings. But nothing likey TT was. I sent it back and the claws were updated to the latest design and it's been fine ever since. I had 3 ACP's, two TTs and a boo trigger. And I'm now down to the two ACPs. I'm also down to two bows lol.

I have never opened an ACP, and aside from the clear plastic display version at the ATA and pics,I have never seen inside one. One thing worth noting is the ACP is covered fully under warranty, so there is no real need to open one. Unless you are the kind of guy who just wants to see what's inside :wink:
Lol, I may be an engineer, but surprisingly I don't just like taking things apart to see what is inside. I like working on things when there is functional benefit though. Time will tell with some more shooting how my jaws will be, and I'll send in if a problem. Have already had to send one ACP in for warranty replacement (spring for 2 stage was missing).
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

longbow joe wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:29 pm
I am the proud owner of a "new" y25 relayer ....yep had to copy that cool guy dan on this forum.
Actually it was pure coincidence a friend tipped me on an estate sale and it was a done deal,along with a lot of cool other hunting stuff. ...basically the same kinda sale my wife would or will have when l bite the dust.
Anyway l want to honor the wooden wonder with a with a nice trigger any input on the pro shot would be appreciated l have a number of triggertecs on my bows but l would like to hear a comparison of somone who shot both .l have no experience with the pro shot.
I love the triggertec but after the "crappy " polished latches of the past l basically have no loyalty to them.
Thanks Joe. Took me a long time to be cool!🤣🤣 I’m going to treat mine like grannies Cadillac!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

This bow is definitely precious ....but it's not my colt peacemaker or a plated colt python or my precious colt camp perry. 22,all guns that l shoot regularly not look at and show people.
It's never gonna be worth a ton of money either...its a vortex with a wooden stock.I'm gonna put all my goodies on it and the db bars are coming off and it's getting the silicone limb silencers and Dr Stirrup bumpers etc...all my favorite garb. Maby a dan string also.!!!!
I'm not gonna take it out in the rain or abuse it but l promise to use the heck out of it...like it's previous owner didnt.
It will be at my estate sale possibly some day but it's gonna have a Lotta nicks in it if l have my way.
At work l often do glass work on these trailer queen cars that literally will never be driven ever... l find these people to be quite sickening what the heck is the joy of not using something never understood it.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Oh yeah I plan to do the same, try to keep it nice, but I would be happy dinging it to get a nice deer! 😎
grouse

Post by grouse »

What is so bad about the stock triggers that come with Excal bows? I've never shot an aftermarket trigger but I have no trouble hitting the bullseye at hunting ranges (or farther) and I have consistently made lethal shots on deer. Why would I want to spend $150, then go through the procedure of changing my trigger? There must be some benefit that I'm missing.
axiom
350 SE
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Honestly, nothing. Some folks like to customize their equipment, take it apart and learn the components etc. I have had one trigger turn gritty feeling on one of my bows and decided to swap it out and I thought the change did wonders. I became a believer after a few years, but I have to think that this new trigger from Excalibur addresses those issues and deserves another chance for me. I liked every stock trigger until I didn’t. I found some rust inside threads etc. on my newly acquired model and decided to start clean. These 200# models have great triggers from the factory, but time is the enemy. I want to kill what I decide to shoot without any hiccups. JMHO.
Boo

Post by Boo »

My info may be outdated but you may have to order an ADF and short arrow retainer. The top of the ACP Trigger unit is not drilled out to accept an arrow retainer
Some people just like stepping on rakes