Got another one...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flinthead

Got another one...

Post by flinthead »

I really need help!! Someone please!!!

I found a brand new Phoenix and could not resist... I have a big problem passing up these long limbers when I find them in new condition.

I thought about setting this bow up to shoot a fixed blade broadhead (probably a 125 Muzzy three blade) for deer and hogs. We can bait here in SC... so when I set up a tree stand, it's only a 15 to 20 yard shot to the corn. :eusa-dance: I think I'll put a Leupold VX-Freedom 1.5-4x20 Pig Plex on it also... that should work perfect for what I'm wanting to do with it.

Hope you guys have a great Memorial Day weekend!!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
AJ01

Re: Got another one...

Post by AJ01 »

Okay Mark...it's official!! You're an Excalibur Junkie!!! :lol:

Buddy of mine called me this morning, said he just ordered new Micro Mag in Overwatch Camo. Blamed me for his weakness!! :eusa-naughty:
I am NOT an enabler!!! :wink:
However, that does make 5 of my buddies that have succumbed to the "Excalibur Fever" :think:
Pray tell...where is this epidemic headed!!
Is there a vaccine for this too???

I guess only time will tell...
Be strong my friend....
And if medication doesn't help...buy another Excalibur!!! You'll feel much better if you do!! :thumbup: :lol: :eusa-popcorn:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I would love to criticize your behavior but...... :lol: :lol:
Congrats on the new project!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

You’re right AJ... :D :D

Glad to hear you are “helping” others..: 8) 8)

This is the last one... this is the last one... this is the... well maybe!!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Nice!! New old bows are always a blast to get going again.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/mhVVPPPS]Image
My Phoenix collection....there's nothing wrong with collecting good stuff flinthead!....and they all have cases that someone else paid good money for to boot!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Wow!! That’s a nice collection Joe!!

I love my Vixen II and I love my Vortex... but these 175 lb. bows are really just about perfect for all day shooting and plenty of speed and power to kill anything... especially south of the Manson Nixon line... 8) :wink:
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

The long stroke vortex and its wooden clone are relatively new to me being 5'5" the vortex is at my maximum comfort in the pulling department.
But l agree with you the 305 fps is plenty of power but l really enjoyed using the vortex this year.
The other day l was shooting my 330 and 355 matrix bows and was kinda annoyed buy how loud and "snappy" they were compared to the exo bows l havnt shot my matrix bows in about 8 months honestly didnt miss them .
The other day l saw a exomax for 400 bucks on Craigslist but it was after my recent y25 purchase ....l havnt looked to see if it was sold...I'm trying to keep away from it on purpose. The extra pull of the exomax is even more reach but I was thinking of machining the cool camo rail down to a vixen or 300 fps or so.
These exo bows are cheap its the new scope and the custom trigger and all the little goodies that make them even cooler is what costs the money.
Once you have a better scope and trigger it's hard not to need them one any bow thereafter.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

My Vortex is my baby... :lol: It is the fastest, most quiet, and most accurate bow I own. If I was going somewhere to hunt that cost money, my Vortex would be with me!! I have it set up with a Twilight DLX and Boo string, shooing Zombies at 320 fps. It's really just crazy accurate... :crazy: :crazy:
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads