Passing it on

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Passing it on

Post by xcaliber »

I think I mentioned I gave my neighbor kid my 330 Matrix. This is a newer neighbor that has his dad teaching him, and his brother on a young man's salary. Anyway, the older boy is 10 now, and today I showed him how to do the shrink on fletchings. His father just buys arrows so he was amazed at the ease of stripping & shrinking on another, said he was going to teach his dad how to do it! :lol: :lol:
I gave him three to do the arrows I gave him last year, he's fired up! Hopefully I get my garage done, and start making strings out there soon, I think he would be a great pupil, and love to make his string to hunt with!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flinthead

Re: Passing it on

Post by flinthead »

That’s cool stuff!!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

That was nice of you Dan , he will never forget what you have done . Keeping the ball rolling and introducing him and his dad to a new sport.
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:49 pm
I think I mentioned I gave my neighbor kid my 330 Matrix. This is a newer neighbor that has his dad teaching him, and his brother on a young man's salary. Anyway, the older boy is 10 now, and today I showed him how to do the shrink on fletchings. His father just buys arrows so he was amazed at the ease of stripping & shrinking on another, said he was going to teach his dad how to do it! :lol: :lol:
I gave him three to do the arrows I gave him last year, he's fired up! Hopefully I get my garage done, and start making strings out there soon, I think he would be a great pupil, and love to make his string to hunt with!
Awesome way to reach out to a young kid. He'll remember those the things the rest of his life. I can remember a few older gentlemen who did kind things for me when I was growing up. Those times really stick with you.

Thanks for sharing!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Dan,
I want to applaud you on showing that young man that there is a better way of life. :clap: :clap:
Anytime we can reach one of today's youth and teach them a life lesson, I'll consider that a win!!

When most kids want to sit in front of a video game, it's extremely refrreshing to see him "hanging out" with you!!
And you are correct, it would give you a great platform in which to reach perhaps more young men and women and intoduce them nature.

Once more, my "hat is off" to you on a very kind act toward your fellow human being!! :angel:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm very lucky to have had boys to hunt with since I had just the two daughters that were into everything but hunting. My neighbor kid that is 25 now, The Kid he's called. And now the people that bought their house have the two boys that I help with their gear. Their dad is quite the hunter, so I don't interfere with Dad's lessons. Great people!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Awesome stuff Buddy!! :thumbup:
Proud of you!

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
janesy

Post by janesy »

Kudos Dan, very cool.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

….what you did Dan is what life is all about….sharing and helping filling a need where the need exists….it is no less important in bringing new people into the shooting and hunting sports…this young man will remember what you did long after you and I have returned to the dust from whence we came!!!!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

That's cool Dan, my girls aren't interested in hunting either but they will always fish with me or shoot the handguns.
I'm glad to spend time with them a few times a year.
Over the years l enjoyed taking my nephews hunting also.
My friends nephew moved away but he has become a successful person and a successful hunter.
This past deer season he sent me a picture of a nice buck and a nice thank you letter for putting up with him when he was young but l told him the pleasure was mine and l didn't "put up with anything " it was all fun and great memories both learning a lot.
Some of the little spikes and y bucks we shot were absolutel trophy for us also....great memories.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

You make us all proud Dan, :eusa-clap:
Good on ya DAN :thumbup:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads