Newest project

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Newest project

Post by BrotherRon »

We don't have running water at our cabin and have been getting water from an artesian well about 7 miles away.
I just ordered everything needed to put in a sand point well and will be installing it as soon as Menards gets the pump in. (6/20/21)
We have a spring fed pond there but my cabin sits on a hill about 15 feet above the pond. Wondering if I would be safe trying to put the well next to the cabin, or if I should go down the hill a ways? They recommend not going any deeper than 23 feet with the hand pump I ordered.
It's just a small one about 14"tall -- The bigger one runs around 300.00 - 500.00 and the whole set-up I purchased is only 300.00 pump included.
I will be using a hand pump if possible... I do have an electric pump and could run it with the generator but would rather use the hand pump.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Boo

Re: Newest project

Post by Boo »

When I built my house, I had 2 people witch for the best place for a deep well. I also talked to a couple of others that witched for water. All said the same thing, that water runs in veins. So if it were me, I'd have a couple of people who witch for water to tell you where to place your point.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:26 pm
When I built my house, I had 2 people witch for the best place for a deep well. I also talked to a couple of others that witched for water. All said the same thing, that water runs in veins. So if it were me, I'd have a couple of people who witch for water to tell you where to place your point.
We had a maintenance map of the water lines in a building that was over a hundred years old, they drilled eight times and missed, the sticks found it the first time.🙃
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:46 pm
Boo wrote:
We had a maintenance map of the water lines in a building that was over a hundred years old, they drilled eight times and missed, the sticks found it the first time.🙃
Do you ever wonder how that works? Grass skirts and hoola dancers if you ask me! I bet my wife who has said “I just know” understands!
frisky

Post by frisky »

Hope you have help poping in that point. Some times easy and other not so easy. Keep the pipe connections tight, check them often! Rocks and hard pan will slow you down.Enjoy!
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
grouse

Post by grouse »

Boo wrote:
Groundwater exists under huge portions of the earth's surface. It is usually in large pools and seldom in "veins". Springs, seepage, swamps, and successfully drilled wells in the area are all signs that there is ground water in an area. There are no "magic sticks" or people with a sixth sense that can locate water in anything other than a random fashion. Trained hydrologists can help select more likely places to drill without the help of forked sticks.
axiom
350 SE
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Don't ask me why or how but I've seen a boss drive up and use bent copper rods stuck in plastic Dixie cups and find waterlines , power lines and even gas lines. Etc.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I looked at the government records for local well depth and ours was the typical depth. We live 2 miles north of Lake Ontario and at the bottom of Oak Ridges Moraine which is a huge aquifer. All that means that I'm just about guaranteed water but how much and where to drill. Neither of the water witchers want no money but when they were done, I made them take $50. I figured i had nothing to lose and everything gain.
One of them is an excavator. He regularly uses divining rods to water, gas and power lines.
I am a staunch believer in science, no grass skirts and hoola dancers for me but......
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

There are many things in this life that I don’t understand and probably never will but after seeing someone find water under a foot of concrete a hundred years old, I will keep that on my list of things beyond my learning and understanding.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:27 am
I looked at the government records for local well depth and ours was the typical depth. We live 2 miles north of Lake Ontario and at the bottom of Oak Ridges Moraine which is a huge aquifer. All that means that I'm just about guaranteed water but how much and where to drill. Neither of the water witchers want no money but when they were done, I made them take $50. I figured i had nothing to lose and everything gain.
One of them is an excavator. He regularly uses divining rods to water, gas and power lines.
I am a staunch believer in science, no grass skirts and hoola dancers for me but......
Awww, I kinda like the hula dancers.😎
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:45 am
Boo wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:27 am
Awww, I kinda like the hula dancers.😎
Me too! 8) What were you talking about again? :lol: :lol: :lol: