What is this animal?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

artifact

Re: What is this animal?

Post by artifact »

Possibly a jaguarundi, never know!
I have a female kitty that is over 12" high at the back, go straight across the the picture from the back of the animal to the legs of the feeder, looks to be app. half the height, or app. 12" if the legs are 24", plus it's in front of the feeder making it closer to the camera, doesn't seem like that big an animal according to my redneck logic, OH, and my kitty is pretty plump also!!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

DuckHunt wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:50 pm
Driftless hunter wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:10 pm
Tweety would say, "that's a big puddy tat!"
Who read that in Tweety's voice? :wave:

:lol:
.....I must confess I surely did! :eusa-doh: :eusa-drool: :lol:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

those legs are 24" so that cat is probably 11 or 12 inches max..
just a large house cat.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

XB I GO wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:35 pm
This pic you posted here is a classic looking Jaguarundi. Notice the lenght of the tail. Jaguarundi have EXTREMELY long tails compared to body lenght. I hunted a ranch between Cotulla and Carrizo Springs for about 10-12 years. We would see one of these about once every 3-4 years. Not many of them. They are "protected" by TPWD.

BTW... Jaguarundi will always be the "bluish grey to chocolate brown" color!! And they usually look rather "short-legged" compared to body lenght. And as you can see in the 2 photos you posted of Jags, they have small heads too.

I think looking at all of the traits of the animal in your original post, it is just a large feral house cat. I had one here in East Texas that looked like a Bobcat. Difference was, it had NO tail at all. It was just a very big grey tabby. That thing probably weighed well over 20 plus pounds. It doesn't take much for a domestic cat to become a wild cat again!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!