Lord Stanley's Cup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

UPSMAN

Lord Stanley's Cup

Post by UPSMAN »

Just a quick off topic post. If any of you Montreal folks want the Cup, you're gonna have to come to Tampa and take it from our cold dead hands. It prefers to stay in the warm sunshine state. See you at center ice. :D :D
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
ComfyBear

Re: Lord Stanley's Cup

Post by ComfyBear »

Actually, it's the replica that Tampa got to handle last year. The truth be known, the real Cup has always lived up north in the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. :wink:
That's the reason why since 1967, Toronto has chosen not compete for it. Considering that the NHL is a business and no longer a sport and players don't get paid for playoff games, why would they want to get beat up and battered over a replica cup. :P

OK, it's sour grapes, especially since it should have been Toronto playing for the Cup this year. Montreal, who were down 3-1, shouldn't have even gotten out of the first round.

In all seriousness, considering the turn of events, and the Canadien's destiny, I believe that their Cinderella team will prevail, even though Tampa is by far a better team.

Time shall tell.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

UPSMAN wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:07 am
Just a quick off topic post. If any of you Montreal folks want the Cup, you're gonna have to come to Tampa and take it from our cold dead hands. It prefers to stay in the warm sunshine state. See you at center ice. :D :D
If it’s an “off topic” post then why post in crossbow hunting? Why not post in ‘other topic’ section?

Were coming down and take it and humiliate you right in front of your fans hehehe
And when we do get the cup we’ll fill it with ice cold Canadian beer to beat off the heat!
May the best team win oh that’s us :eusa-dance:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I would have preferred a team from.......... Never mind! :)
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

ihunt wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:52 am
UPSMAN wrote:
If it’s an “off topic” post then why post in crossbow hunting? Why not post in ‘other topic’ section?

Were coming down and take it and humiliate you right in front of your fans hehehe
And when we do get the cup we’ll fill it with ice cold Canadian beer to beat off the heat!
Come to Tampa and I'll let you fill the Cup with some home grown Tampa craft beer. Bolts 2021 Stanley Cup Champions. :lol: :lol:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Bolts on their 2nd consecutive Stanley Cup. It was well deserved. :thumbup:
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

ihunt

Post by ihunt »

UPSMAN wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:35 pm
ihunt wrote:
UPSMAN wrote:

Come to Tampa and I'll let you fill the Cup with some home grown Tampa craft beer. Bolts 2021 Stanley Cup Champions. :lol: :lol:
I would love that, you guys won fair and square :thumbup: Now when can I go down there and try your local craft beer :D
Congrats T B.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

ihunt wrote:
UPSMAN wrote:

I don’t see “Other Topics” section on forum any longer.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I heard this on local radio the other morning going to work. Sports talk guy said after Tampa Bay won Stanley Cup, that a Canadian team had won The Cup only once in last 30 years. That can’t be true can it? I don’t follow hockey, but seems near impossible. For all you hockey guys.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:12 am
I heard this on local radio the other morning going to work. Sports talk guy said after Tampa Bay won Stanley Cup, that a Canadian team had won The Cup only once in last 30 years. That can’t be true can it? I don’t follow hockey, but seems near impossible. For all you hockey guys.
Yes that is true. The last Canadian team to hoist the Stanley Cup was the 1993 Montreal Canadiens.

The reason:
Although not "fixed", sports in this day and age is "Big Business" and it can be manipulated by rules and officiating. Since hockey is known as Canada's game, it doesn't need to be promoted as much as in the US, where basketball and baseball prevail. Also, even though most players are Canadian, since there are only six Canadian teams out of 31 teams in the NHL, the odds of a Canadian team winning the cup is minimized.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings