New Toy Arrived Today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

New Toy Arrived Today

Post by IronNoggin »

I was toying with the idea of getting another scope for my crossbow after Hawke came out with their new XB30 Compact 1.5-6x56. This one offers reticles (crosshairs) illuminated to 100 yards, a distance I practice at frequently. It also has a larger objective lens than the one currently on my bow.

The one I have now is Hawke's now discontinued XB 30 Compact. It has seen a hell of a lot of abuse, and bears the scars to prove it. Many many fine hunts, taken a lot of game through it, and it has never lost it's zero nor needed any TLC whatsoever. So one can safely assume I rather like their products.

Did a lot of hunting, then finally found a source that beat the hell out of everyone else's prices. By a considerable margin that is! So, took the leap and ordered it.

Arrived today. Going to be mounted tomorrow, and shooting rather soon methinks.
One Happy Camper over here as a consequence!

Here's the digs for anyone interested:

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/xb30-compact-15-6x36-sr.html

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
xcaliber

Re: New Toy Arrived Today

Post by xcaliber »

Nice, hope it serves you well Matt! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

My favorite reticle as well. I have the 2-8 version on my Bulldog. Probably got the same smoking deal from the same place too 😉 May be putting one my Short soon as well.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Had one of them. Couldn't use it because the glass was terrible. Or maybe it's my aging eyes!!

:mrgreen:
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Carnivorous wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:44 pm
Had one of them. Couldn't use it because the glass was terrible. Or maybe it's my aging eyes!!

I will agree, the lack of a focus ring is the only thing I am disappointed on with mine. But thankfully my eyes are still in great shape and all is clear when I look through mine. I might not be able to say the same thing 10 years from now.

Edit: I just looked at the manual online cause this got me thinking about it some more...it says there is a focus ring, so it must be of type I am not used to, and I did try to spin the ring by the eyepiece when I first got mine, and it seemed to do nothing. Will have to try again and update...

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Franken360
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I usually wind up turning the adjustment more than half way out so I can see without my glasses. I never saw a scope without adjustment to focus, maybe there is a small set screw locking it in place? :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

wheelsquad wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:00 pm
Carnivorous wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:44 pm

I will agree, the lack of a focus ring is the only thing I am disappointed on with mine. But thankfully my eyes are still in great shape and all is clear when I look through mine. I might not be able to say the same thing 10 years from now.

Edit: I just looked at the manual online cause this got me thinking about it some more...it says there is a focus ring, so it must be of type I am not used to, and I did try to spin the ring by the eyepiece when I first got mine, and it seemed to do nothing. Will have to try again and update...
Tyler
I have the same scope that Nog just got 1.5-6 x36 and it has the fast focus adjustment ring like normal.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
janesy

Post by janesy »

My first BOLT XR years ago I thought it didn't have a focus ring either. Until I got a second Bolt and it had one. Turns out the first one was just jambed on their tight from factory and took a little more that normal to turn it the first time.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Well fancy that. When I first got this scope I tried and tried to adjust the focus. Couldn't get anything to budge, and since it's not the typical "ribbed" adjuster ring, I just figured it was what it was. Went to adjust it just now and it spun no problem. Must have just been bottomed out a little tight from the factory. Backed it out about 1/8" and reticle is even more crisp. I like this scope even more now 😁

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Franken360